Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Open letter to SOEC and SCOA....

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 02:55 PM
esanger
2nd Gear Member

One thing that has puzzled me (at least the past few weeks) is the assertion that SOEC is Steve Saleen centric. I just don't see it. Am I missing something? I only read the forums relevant to me (the 05+ Forum) and the for sale and lobby but don't see where the "SOEC is all about Steve and not the cars" comes from.. Not trying to incite a huge this versus that, just looking for some clarification on something I must be missing.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:11 PM
Red_Devil
Official Sponsor For Whiteline USA

Most members of SOEC are primarily Steve Saleen fans, and not Saleen Inc / SPV fans. That is to say, you would probably see more excitement and support for Steve and SMS products than you would for anything by Saleen Inc. SOEC (or at least Jim) was a big contributing member to the SMS car show, etc.

SCOA is about the cars branded "Saleen", regardless of weather Steve takes credit in the design process or not. Which is why SCOA is the new official Saleen Club. SCOA was the club that helped organize the Saleen show for the last 3 years, both with myself when we did FFW, and the first Queen Mary / Saleen show, as well as the most recent. You will find most of the members don't care weather Steve is involved with Saleen or not as long as the cars are cool.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:20 PM
SC1039
1st Gear Member

I'm with you esanger. I join Saleen clubs to talk about our vehicles, and socialize with other Saleen owners. Not to talk about the guy. This rock throwing nonsense must have developed somewhere else and spilled over to here because I just don't get it. And to say SOEC is a club of fanboys? I'm not seeing it. I see a bunch of people talking about and enjoying their cars. Heck, you might even find some help without getting crapped on. whatever. I was really looking forward to joining SCOA, but I don't want any part of it if any of this is what I should expect.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:40 PM
tonylop33
1st Gear Member

I am a member of both. They are different and both have things that are interesting to me. I have come close to not renewing because of the negativity towards each other that has played out here and in other venues. I like most of the members at both clubs but can do without the agendas.

I know that there are others that are members of both clubs too. I wonder if they feel like the kids in a nasty divorce...I do. For the sake of the kids (the members of both clubs) learn to be civil.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:15 PM
Twilightvert
1st Gear Member

Although there are differences in some of their beliefs, both clubs are focused on promoting what they feel is best for the Saleen hobby. The majority of the members are involved with the clubs to share their love of the Saleen with each other. They are not interested in the drama and generally get along. There are shows and events throughout the country that are attended by both clubs without incident and a good time is had by all.

Please don't judge the clubs because of individuals actions. Enjoy your cars and try to make it out to ANY event put on by either Saleen club. Thanks.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:25 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

What if we started a thread for both clubs to argue. They can bash each other in the one thread and just stay out of the others.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:37 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Guys - you do still have a moderator, I just don't have the time to read here anymore. I tried to give the position up last winter and stopped getting responses from the admins on my recomendations so I gave up and walked away. This topic is VERY concerning for me, so PLEASE email me at sowaxeman@jdsaleen.com with any thread complaints and I will take whatever action might be necessary.

I am a member of the SCOA, but one thing I am NOT is a basher or hater of the SOEC. At some point in time I feel these two clubs need to come together for the good of the cars/hobby.

I am sorry that some feel the need to bash each other in public forums. Please don't let it detract from either club as I know the SCOA is made up of tons of great folks, as I'm sure the SOEC is as well.

Regards
Old 10-20-2009, 10:26 AM
mikebna
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by S281 E
What if we started a thread for both clubs to argue. They can bash each other in the one thread and just stay out of the others.
You're not helping the matter.
But I'm sure it would be entertaining to some.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:44 AM
07Saleen X

Default Bash each oher?

Originally Posted by S281 E
This is not definetly what this forum needs.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:16 PM
salvatore
1st Gear Member

they both are avoiding this like a plague

Quick Reply: Open letter to SOEC and SCOA....