Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Open letter to SOEC and SCOA....

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 09:15 AM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

Default Open letter to SOEC and SCOA....

I know we don't really have a forum moderator anymore, so I figured I'd initiate the effort by starting a thread.

Please please please stop fighting on every thread. I know you guys hate each other, but it detracts from the forum if you constantly air your grievances.

I don't want this to turn into an argument of who is worse.....just please consider what sort of image you're conveying about your clubs to outsiders. It's disheartening to read.

Thanks,

gloo
Old 10-19-2009, 10:07 AM
salvatore
1st Gear Member

yup both of you suck.lol. kidding.

+1 evil
Old 10-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Werecow
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Evil... Seems to be getting worse. Somebody needed to say something.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:30 AM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

I agree. While I am a member of one of the mentioned clubs, I think it is best to keep their problems with one another behind closed doors. This is not the correct venue to bash one another. Why can't everyone just get along? =P
Old 10-19-2009, 10:33 AM
scspeedster
2nd Gear Member

We certainly appreciate the space to release information about our events and announcements that maybe of interest to Saleen owners and others. Clubs are not for everyone that's for sure, but you have to admit, they do provide some services and opportunities.

As much as we try to contain official posts from our club, sometimes "Club Members" become overly passionate about a discussion and take it to a personal level, not speaking for the club and that is unavoidable but not unnoticed.

Often they are not speaking for the club, but for themselves and I hope everyone can just consider the source, either side.

It's all about the Saleen hobby, "Fun, Friendships and Saleens".

We're sorry this has to become a topic of discussion, it's certainly not our intention to disrupt and cause ill feelings towards anyone.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:51 AM
esanger
2nd Gear Member

Yep getting old..and boring.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:56 AM
ACE 06-706
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by scspeedster
Often they are not speaking for the club, but for themselves and I hope everyone can just consider the source, either side.

It's all about the Saleen hobby, "Fun, Friendships and Saleens".

We're sorry this has to become a topic of discussion, it's certainly not our intention to disrupt and cause ill feelings towards anyone.
Well said Charlie. I am pretty sure that everyone that purchased their Saleen was to have Fun with it. Though their particular Fun may differ the Passion for the car itself is there. With passions being so High about something I think sometimes we can take things personal.

So lets put differences aside and have some fun.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:04 PM
mikebna
3rd Gear Member

I think that any references or links to clubs or forums not related to MF should be removed from ALL SIGS. This would help neutralize some of the confusion and hate as to who is with what club and keep everyone on a better playing field.

I do beleive that each one does serve a whole different purpose, it just depends on what each Saleen owner wants out of his hobby or not.

Some may have not experienced the same things that many have in regards to how each one is managed, and sometimes it will come out sideways in other forums. I have expressed this a few times myself, only because I do not want others to have to go through what I did in the beginning of owning a new Saleen and the confusion that seemed to be intentionally given.

At least there is a choice today.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:04 PM
ctann
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by eviligloo
Please please please stop fighting on every thread. I know you guys hate each other, but it detracts from the forum if you constantly air your grievances.
+1.

Originally Posted by mikebna
I think that any references or links to clubs or forums not related to MF should be removed from ALL SIGS. This would help neutralize some of the confusion and hate as to who is with what club and keep everyone on a better playing field.
Actually, I disagree. I think that the parties involved (you know who you are! ;^> ) should be clearly labelled. If I see criticism of a club, and then see it is by a prominent member of the other club - I know that I can ignore it...

Chris.

Last edited by ctann; 10-19-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:22 PM
mikebna
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctann
+1.

Actually, I disagree. I think that the parties involved (you know who you are! ;^> ) should be clearly labelled. If I see criticism of a club, and then see it is by a prominent member of the other club - I know that I can ignore it...

Chris.
Well that's ok Chris, the Saleen community is realtivlely small and if you read both forums you know who is saying what and where.

Maybe I should have said that everyone should follow the MF Forum rules-

7. No promotions of other related sites. There is no problem with occasionally using the name of other sites or even posting a link to a pertinent thread from another site, but repeatedly referring to other related sites is considered "SPAM" and is not allowed. Please have the decency of NOT putting links to them in your signature, profile or have a post, PM or Chat telling our members to come over to another related site. Such activity is ground for removal from signature, and repeated offenses are grounds for being banned.
thanks,
mike

Quick Reply: Open letter to SOEC and SCOA....