Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Saw SMS Mustang Live Today

Old 06-22-2010, 10:16 PM
GM EATER
2nd Gear Member

Default Black SMS

I seen the black SMS at Chicken Holiday and did you see all the swirl marks on the hood? Whoever polished the hood did a horrific job. For the type of money SMS is asking for that car, and it was already delivered to the dealer, not what you want to see.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:49 PM
demarcom
2nd Gear Member

I didnt notice the swirl marks... but Im sure it was the same car... Only one on the delivery truck.

Im glad everyone has varied options on SMS vs. Saleen. It will probably be a "taste great, less filling" arguement for a long time. I hope they both do well... I say whoever has the best parts business will win. You cant support that kind of overhead selling a couple hundred cars.

Is it true the SMS supercharged car has a Saleen SC on it??? Did they have the hood open at any of these shows.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:07 PM
2011Black5.0
4th Gear Member

no its an SMS blower

Old 06-25-2010, 05:31 AM
GM EATER
2nd Gear Member

Default SMS S/C

Hey Nitemare where did you get this pic? The SMS S/C cars that were just delivered to Bob Bell Ford in Maryland have rebadged SALEEN S/C units on them. (if you want to see the pics go to Bob Bell's website) It appeared from the pics that a cover plate was installed over where the Saleen letters are on the Blower and the plate says SMS. Apparently the SMS/Lysholm Blowers that you had pictured couldn't be had or were too much money to be included for the 73,000 dollar price tag!( LOL) For 20K less, a GT500 would knock the jock off this ride and think what you could do to a GT500 with 20 (EXTRA) K's! The numbers are just unrealistic. For the money and I own a Saleen, the GT500 value wise is by far the best deal you can get in a Mustang. Just my 02.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:46 AM
2011Black5.0
4th Gear Member

well thats really intresting lol just searched 2011 mustang SMS supercharger and saw that. im guessing its from stage3motorsports but unless i search for it again i cant find it in their products offered. Ya im having a hard time believing SMS is gunna be able to compete with Saleen now. Thats just an outrageous price for a now supercharged car thats lacking in quality body modifications from what ive seen. We'll see i guess
Old 06-26-2010, 07:43 AM
demarcom
2nd Gear Member

Thats why I asked about the SC... I saw the early pics of the SMS charger, but I heard from Saleen @ Carlislie that SMS was using a Saleen SC... Only proof would be to get a production car pic but GM Eater has confirmed.

I agree at this piont the GT500 is the best choice of all high powered/dollar cars, and they hold their value.... The quality control pics of the SMS are very disappointing... BUT I dont know about you guys but Saleen (old Saleen) has never been known for great quality on the body... How many side skirts on the 05 and up are 1/4 too long? All of them... Steering wheel badges falling off, headrests warping... dumb stuff, but things you see and deal with. But I still love my car!
Old 06-26-2010, 11:42 AM
07Saleen X

Cool

WTF?

I just saw it too! Men, what a way of doing business?
Advertising one thing and selling a Saleen Product in a SMS car? Unless they are merging and we don't know it.
Wao.

Originally Posted by GM EATER
Hey Nitemare where did you get this pic? The SMS S/C cars that were just delivered to Bob Bell Ford in Maryland have rebadged SALEEN S/C units on them. (if you want to see the pics go to Bob Bell's website) It appeared from the pics that a cover plate was installed over where the Saleen letters are on the Blower and the plate says SMS. Apparently the SMS/Lysholm Blowers that you had pictured couldn't be had or were too much money to be included for the 73,000 dollar price tag!( LOL) For 20K less, a GT500 would knock the jock off this ride and think what you could do to a GT500 with 20 (EXTRA) K's! The numbers are just unrealistic. For the money and I own a Saleen, the GT500 value wise is by far the best deal you can get in a Mustang. Just my 02.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:04 AM
Red_Devil
Official Sponsor For Whiteline USA

Lol. typical Steve... Id love to hear Spring try to justify this one...
Old 06-27-2010, 06:53 AM
GM EATER
2nd Gear Member

And if you are just lookng for Bang for your Buck there is absolutely no better value than the 2011 Mustang GT. At over 440HP you can do your own mods and still have a great car for under 40K! And the 05 Saleen was rated at 425HP Supercharged, the 2011 will throw it a can of whoop ***. Don't thank anyone but Ford for a great value! Gonna be hard for all these companies ( Saleen and SMS) to sell cars when the value is already there in a GT.
AAAH! But the old arguement exclusivity, your car reads Saleen or SMS on the side, that's all great but for 20K less, that stock 2011 GT could be awesomely modded for a whole lot less and like Burger King-
YOU GET IT YOUR WAY!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 12:18 PM
Werecow
2nd Gear Member

Scary price tags.... Thinking the 351X is gonna knock on the 90k door before options...
Anyone else think they should convert that third tail-light on the rear fascia into a big glowing red eyeball?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Saw SMS Mustang Live Today