Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Best place to list a saleen for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 10:20 AM
saleen556
1st Gear Member

Default Best place to list a saleen for sale?

I have decided to sell the car and needing to know where i will get the best chance to sell it. Has anyone sold or bought one from the mustang trader? I have sold stuff on the forums but nothing like a car. It's an 02 with 40K miles. Highly modded and puts down just over 600rwhp on pump gas. I am hoping to get around $30K for it.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:37 PM
Red_Devil
Official Sponsor For Whiteline USA

You might try Performance Auto Sports, they do consignment and that would be a good place to start with a car like yours. The reality is with the mileage and since its an 02 30k is probably well out of reach. Generally for these sorts of cars people pay high dollar for low mileage low mods. The only 02 Saleens you will generally see in that price range are the SA-25s and S351s. I wish you luck though.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:06 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

As nice as you car is I doubt you'll see much over 20k offers for it. Its a tough market and these cars are hard to finance.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:03 AM
saleen556
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys. I know the market is tough now and don't need to sell it. I love the car but am in a position to get a new Z06 or Grandsport to mod. Haven't made up my mind on which yet.

With 20K + in mods and cost of the car there is no way i would get rid of it for 20K. I would end up keeping it and waiting another year for the Vette and have both :-)
Old 08-16-2010, 01:16 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by saleen556
Thanks guys. I know the market is tough now and don't need to sell it. I love the car but am in a position to get a new Z06 or Grandsport to mod. Haven't made up my mind on which yet.

With 20K + in mods and cost of the car there is no way i would get rid of it for 20K. I would end up keeping it and waiting another year for the Vette and have both :-)
That's kind of what I'm doing but with a CTS-V. Just isn't worth it to sell right now so long as you can afford both. Don't give up selling, as you MAY find that one guy who just loves it too much to let it go.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:54 PM
psi365

Not sure if I'll get killed for this but;
www.SCOA.com
www.SOEC.org

They are both dedicated to Saleens. As someone has already said there are a ton of 99-04 Saleen S281 SCs for sale at the moment with low miles that don't sell in the $16k-$18k range. Most of them aren't as modded as yours I'll give you. It's just a real soft market right now.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:45 PM
saleen556
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by psi365
Not sure if I'll get killed for this but;
www.SCOA.com
www.SOEC.org

They are both dedicated to Saleens. As someone has already said there are a ton of 99-04 Saleen S281 SCs for sale at the moment with low miles that don't sell in the $16k-$18k range. Most of them aren't as modded as yours I'll give you. It's just a real soft market right now.
I agree the market sucks. Definetley wouldn't get rid of it for those prices. It cost me damn near that much just for the motor and blower. I realize it will take the right buyer for it. But for someone who loves the look and appreciates the power it will make someone very happy..
Old 08-18-2010, 09:51 AM
psi365

I also forgot on SOEC there is a member on their that runs the Saleen Locator service site. There is a subforum on SOEC for that. You can ask the guy that runs it if he'd put it on there for you.

www.SaleenLS.com
Old 08-18-2010, 05:56 PM
esanger
2nd Gear Member

I used Ebay. While I wasn't able to actually sell the car on Ebay, I was able to generate enough interest to get someone to purchase the car. The visibility is what helps. Autotrader is good, but everyone looks for cars like this on Ebay so even though you'll have to deal with a bunch of low ballers (kinda like trying to sell one one of these forums) you at least get broad CONUS exposure. Plus, with Ebay if it doesn't sell, there is no fee (which the $125 standard selling fee is still not a bad deal)..
Old 08-18-2010, 06:12 PM
saleen556
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by esanger
I used Ebay. While I wasn't able to actually sell the car on Ebay, I was able to generate enough interest to get someone to purchase the car. The visibility is what helps. Autotrader is good, but everyone looks for cars like this on Ebay so even though you'll have to deal with a bunch of low ballers (kinda like trying to sell one one of these forums) you at least get broad CONUS exposure. Plus, with Ebay if it doesn't sell, there is no fee (which the $125 standard selling fee is still not a bad deal)..
Thanks Eric. I didn't realize it was only a $125 fee. I thought it was quite a bit more. I will just go that route for the exposure.

Quick Reply: Best place to list a saleen for sale?