Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

air temp running really hot with saleen blower

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 05:20 PM
SCs197gt
On A Mish

Default air temp running really hot with saleen blower

My air temp gauge has been running really hot lately. It hasn't been extremely hot in cali and I haven't really seen it run almost 200 degrees before even during the summer. I was wondering if maybe a fluid level is low or what could cause this.

I am actually in search of the owners manual and maintinence schedule for the saleen series VI supercharger and can't find it anywhere on the web so if someone has it in electronic form can you please send it to me??

Thanks for you help
Old 04-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Bob D.
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: air temp running really hot with saleen blower

Here is the installation manual, which should remind you of the location and details of therecovery tank, heat exchanger pump and hoses and other areas to trouble-shoot. http://www.saleen.com/installation-m...%20Rev%20G.pdf

Have you noticed any leaks? My h/e was taken out by a rock and once the fluid leaked out the temps shot right up. Unless you are just experiencing temporary heat soak, my guess would be leaky exchanger or bad pump. Good luck andlet us know what you find out.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:46 PM
dotbomb
3rd Gear Member

Check to see if your intercooler heat exchanger in the front of your car is punctured or not. Mine ran hot and the reason was I had a dime sized hole blow through my heat exchanger.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:03 AM
SCs197gt
On A Mish

Thanks for your help. After checking the underneath the car the waterpump is not running. I had hit something on the freeway a couple of weeks ago right where the water pump is at. I didn't see any visible damage at first but when i took a closer look yup it got the pump.

I am going to make an appt to get it fixed.

Just out of curiosity how bad is it to run without a pump?? I can't get into Saleen until next week.

Thanks
Old 04-24-2008, 02:12 PM
dotbomb
3rd Gear Member

I ran dry for a couple weeks. Just watch your gauges and don't drive the car hard. When my system was bone dry and running hot I grannied it and never got into the boost.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:13 PM
JimIII@JDM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stang435hp

Thanks for your help. After checking the underneath the car the waterpump is not running. I had hit something on the freeway a couple of weeks ago right where the water pump is at. I didn't see any visible damage at first but when i took a closer look yup it got the pump.

I am going to make an appt to get it fixed.

Just out of curiosity how bad is it to run without a pump?? I can't get into Saleen until next week.

Thanks
Its probably the black timer block (with the saleen sticker on it) that mounts on the pass side fenderwell. seen about 50 of those things take a dump. We do a relay pack that wires to key and and is even optional with a toggle switch for manual running while the car is off.

The pumps are bosch and usually last a long time, i did have one crap out on my 01 lightning but that was 6 years old and had 90,000 miles on it. So my bets on the timer block.

JimIII
Old 04-24-2008, 10:33 PM
sparkadv

Don't worry about running your car with the pump broken. As dotbomb says, take it easy and the tune protects the engine against the hot intake temps.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:07 PM
HaneyMotorsport.Com
Banned

I second Jim's theory. The Bosch pumps are a great design....long lasting. Unless you actually see any physical damage, I would think the pump is good. Also, check the fuse.

Casey
Old 04-26-2008, 06:42 PM
SCs197gt
On A Mish

I hope there is no damage to the pump but for sure it doesnt kick on when I turn the key to the on position. Im taking it in Tuesday.

What kind of power loss you guys think i'm getting with the hot air?? It is noticeable especially since today was a hot day here.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:01 PM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stang435hp

I hope there is no damage to the pump but for sure it doesnt kick on when I turn the key to the on position. Im taking it in Tuesday.

What kind of power loss you guys think i'm getting with the hot air?? It is noticeable especially since today was a hot day here.
15rwhp

Quick Reply: air temp running really hot with saleen blower