Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Poor Man's Rousch

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 01:26 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Wink Poor Man's Rousch

Always best to have the real thing, but I'm very happy with my "upgraded" to a Rousch Stage 1 Car!

It's got 460 hp and I've got only $32k in it bought new! I don't road race it, so what's missing I didn't want on the car anyway! I'm an old guy and I need my good ride!

Take a look! Not bad for 32K new! It only has 8055 miles on it now!

http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/j...tMustang-1.jpg

http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/j...ineMustang.jpg
Old 02-25-2011, 02:15 PM
saleens281sc#1025

Very nice car
Old 02-27-2011, 07:46 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Nice car. Don't take this the wrong way, but that is far from a Stage 1 ROUSH (no "C" in the name).

What other mods does it have to get it to the 460 hp number? I see the blower, but it must have more done for the extra bump huh?
Old 02-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Default Bump to 460 HP

Originally Posted by LilRoush
Nice car. Don't take this the wrong way, but that is far from a Stage 1 ROUSH (no "C" in the name).

What other mods does it have to get it to the 460 hp number? I see the blower, but it must have more done for the extra bump huh?
Lil Roush,

Thanx for pointing out my typo in misspelling Roush. The Extra bump to 460 HP (as per Rousch) is from the extra cost $(419)matching CAI unit kit #403913. It includes a Roush reusable air filter, air dam, different PCM calibration and induction tube. It provides much improved throttle response and 15 extra HP. It voids the Roush Drivetrain Warranty. As to what differences there might be to a full Roush Stage 1, not being into driving it like I stole it around blind corners I left them off by choice. I only go WOT when I have long clear road ahead of me without cross streets.

I almost killed myself a couple of times way back in the late 50's & early 60's street racing the then high horsepower SB Chevy's and Corvettes. Then I grew up in a hurry! Now I'm 69 and wanting to see my grandkids grow up. Any young and crazy types reading this post... remember, street racing is a completely selfish & immature act. Those that do it don't care about anyone's lives "including" their own! Just for the rush of racing they'll risk innocent peoples lives and heartbreak for those that love them when they get killed! I'm not religious... so sermon over, but I have lived with hot rods to the age 69 by being responsible! Many don't survive or wind up in wheel chairs

Mr. D

SEE CHINESE FARM COUNTRY ONE CYLINDER DIESEL HOT ROD

Last edited by Mr. D; 02-28-2011 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Correct & complete post
Old 02-28-2011, 05:48 PM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
It provides much improved throttle response and 15 extra HP. It voids the Roush Drivetrain Warranty.
I like this guy. I voided my warranty after only 500 miles.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:48 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PolkThug
I like this guy. I voided my warranty after only 500 miles.
Shhh! Don't tell Ford! They don't have to know!
Old 03-03-2011, 11:43 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Yeah most the mechanics at Ford are retards anyways. A buddy of mine works there in the shop and floors me as to what he tells me that they do there. Hense why I do my own car work.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:29 PM
SMOKE
2nd Gear Member

Cool

Sir, great looking mustang and obviously a high performing pony car .... but to avoid confusion shouldn't this be listed as a ROUSH powered Mustang GT?
My point is that ROUSH has never had a Stage 1 powered by supercharger.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SMOKE
Sir, great looking mustang and obviously a high performing pony car .... but to avoid confusion shouldn't this be listed as a ROUSH powered Mustang GT?
My point is that ROUSH has never had a Stage 1 powered by supercharger.
I'm out of my depth here. Roush and Ford have referred to the supercharger setup I have as the "Stage 1" package. I gather what you are saying is a Roush stage 1 has equipment other than on my car. I'm not trying to pass it off as something it isn't, but rather using the term that was applied to it by Rousch and Ford. It is classified by Ford as a Roush Stage 1 for their extended warranty purposes. I'm a Chevy guy new to Mustangs!

I'm very knowledgeable regarding solid axle 53-62 Corvettes, so I understand confusion in terms.

I just tried to look up the term "Stage 1" and it appears to relate to cosmetics much more than performance equipment. I see your point! I think I'll refer to my car as "My Car"! I like it the way it is, because I prefer the '08 stlying to allot of the add on ground effects modifications. I just like the performance of a supercharger. You don't even know it's there until you wake it up!

Can you define the term "Stage 1" for my education!

Mr. D

Last edited by Mr. D; 03-05-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:24 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Stage 1 was the appearance package. It's the body kit and wheels. Stage 2 got all that plus suspension and brake upgrades. Stage 3 was all of S1 and S2 plus the supercharger set up you have. Interior packages were options on all Stages of the Mustang.

Techincally, you have a Roush supercharged GT.

Quick Reply: Poor Man's Rousch