Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Roush Clones????

Old 09-19-2011, 04:33 PM
07_427R
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustang country
How about if your car already came with the Roush parts on them? When I bought my car from the dealership, it already had the Roush scoop and the spoiler on it. I think the line between a Roush original or clone is a difficult one to draw because people will have different opinions on this matter. I know that owners install Roush engines on their cars. I don't know if you can call those clones.
There is a huge difference between a car that had some Roush parts installed at the dealer and an actual Specialty produced 'advertised' production model. Dealers can install all the fancy parts they want and have for many years but until you take a car that was purpose built and had some sort of 'standard or limited production run' and try to imitate it, its not a clone, its just another car with aftermarket parts on it. It just so happens they are aftermarket parts with a Roush name.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:59 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07_427R
There is a huge difference between a car that had some Roush parts installed at the dealer and an actual Specialty produced 'advertised' production model. Dealers can install all the fancy parts they want and have for many years but until you take a car that was purpose built and had some sort of 'standard or limited production run' and try to imitate it, its not a clone, its just another car with aftermarket parts on it. It just so happens they are aftermarket parts with a Roush name.

I agree.
A 'real' Roush comes with a serial number.
A 'clone' has all the parts of a 'real' Roush, but owner/dealer/aftermarket installed and doesn't have the serial number.
A car with Roush aftermarket parts is a car with aftermarket parts.

It would be no different than taking a Saleen blower and installing it. That doesn't make the car a Saleen or a Saleen clone... it's a Mustang with a Saleen blower. Or go a step even more common: Saleen rims. Amazing wheels, but putting them on doesn't make the car a Saleen or a Saleen clone.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:39 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Interesting! I'm learning! I understand clearly the difference between a car that was originally constructed with "specific parts" on it whether by GM, Ford, etc.... but I was not aware that some "Roush" Mustangs came with serial #'s like Shelbys, etc. Having spent lot's of time with '55-57 Chevys & C1 Classic Corvettes (many of them clones) I accepted a long time ago that some people give much, much, much greater value to having a car as that left the factory with those speciality parts. In my case, my budget would allow the 3 to 5 times the cost... so I built clones to satisfy my lust for cool cars! I hope at the end... I can be forgiven! Hope it's OK to post one that's not a Mustang for you car guys! It's a '61 Fuel Injected Corvette that with the right wheels slipped by NCRS Judges! But then... those guys know everything about Corvettes... sorta!

Old 09-20-2011, 04:54 PM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

Obviously, girls don't care about serial numbers. My car chillin' at KCIR:
Attached Thumbnails Roush Clones????-thugride.jpg  
Old 09-20-2011, 06:35 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Will Ford ever consider putting out the 5.0L with a supercharger, or are they afraid it will kill Shelby & Laguna Seca sales dead in the water? It seems like an obvious & sweet combination for a street muscle car buyer that's already been proven in the aftermarket! For street use... you can put allot of money in expensive speed parts in an engine & not have it run as nice as just supercharging it! What a Roush supercharger does for a stock old 4.6L is amazing!

Grandpa's Old Station wagon!

Last edited by Mr. D; 09-20-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:43 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Ford offers supercharger kits for the 5.0L already. Roush also has a supercharger set up for the 5.0L that comes with a warrenty when installed by a Roush authorized shop.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:12 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Are they available directly from Ford in most states? The 5.0L Supercharger is not available in Calif. I guess they haven't gotten emmissions legal yet in Calif.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:29 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Ford's SC set ups:
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...=Superchargers

Roush's SC set up:
http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=1555

I know Roush got the 5XR, RS3 and RS3 Hyper 50 state legal, so I'm guessing the blower kits will soon follow.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

I suspect you are right that the 50 state legal is coming for the supercharger, but then I'll have to decided whether, or not to buy a 5.0L??? Yikes... it would cost me allot of money for the extra hp! With less than 9K on my '08 that would be pretty dumb... & I'd miss the '08 body style!
Old 09-22-2011, 08:08 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

The highest HP 50 state legal 5.0L Mustang off the lot right now is the Roush Stage 3.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Roush Clones????