Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

How much to pay for a new Boss?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 03:40 PM
LindsayEOD
1st Gear Member

Default How much to pay for a new Boss?

Guys...A good friend of mine is in Afghanistan right now and he has asked me to have a new Boss sitting in his driveway when he returns in a month. I just started looking, and it seems a lot of people are asking anywhere from $3000-$10000 OVER sticker. Is this what I should expect or am I just finding the wrong dealers. He has no problem paying sticker but I dont think he should pay more than MSRP for one. Does anyone have any input or suggestions for me? Thanks for your help.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:53 PM
sdg

Originally Posted by LindsayEOD
Guys...A good friend of mine is in Afghanistan right now and he has asked me to have a new Boss sitting in his driveway when he returns in a month. I just started looking, and it seems a lot of people are asking anywhere from $3000-$10000 OVER sticker. Is this what I should expect or am I just finding the wrong dealers. He has no problem paying sticker but I dont think he should pay more than MSRP for one. Does anyone have any input or suggestions for me? Thanks for your help.
Supply and demand. MSRP is a fine price to pay if a dealer is willing to sell it for that. Power Ford in Torrance, Ca sold them for MSRP, maybe they have one more coming in.

Good luck,
SDG
Old 10-09-2011, 05:13 PM
LindsayEOD
1st Gear Member

Thanks SDG. It just seems wrong to pay more than what Ford has said its worth. Especially since its not my money. I will look those guys up and see how much it costs to ship it here to St Louis.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:37 PM
MythEyeLess
3rd Gear Member

If you look online you will have a better chance of getting the price close to MSRP than actually wasting your gas and going to the stealership.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:55 PM
LindsayEOD
1st Gear Member

Ive been using the Ford locater and every time I contact a dealer, they pretty much laugh at me when I ask for it at MSRP. I had one lady who said that it is flat out IMPOSSIBLE to get one for MSRP. Now it is a mission to prove her wrong.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:01 PM
MythEyeLess
3rd Gear Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2012-...item5890179826

there is one in illinois.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:30 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

It can be had at sticker you might have drive a ways and like I said before, you may not get the color of your choice, and if you contact the dealer of the one above this post, tell them you'll give'em 43.5 and see what he does, you never no. I thought I was chasing a pipe dream for a while till I stumbled on this one.

Last edited by REDBOSS1; 10-09-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:34 PM
LindsayEOD
1st Gear Member

Thanks Buckeye. I just wanted to get some other peoples opinions and see if someone can recommend a dealership that will do it. The search is not going well as of now.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:27 AM
twin turbo pilot
2nd Gear Member

This probably dosent help you much but I spent about two weeks looking for one all over Texas. My hometown Ford dealership was willing to let me have one Drive out for $1k over sticker. However they only had a Comp orange and a red and white. So i wasn't fond of the colors. I though that was stupid till I started looking at them in Houston, San Antonio, and Dallas and found out that was a deal because every dealer I went too wanted $3-$10,000 over sticker. When I found this out I called my hometown dealer and asked about ordering one in white, they said no special orders on the Boss's.

I decided to settle on a regular GT and while shopping at an area Ford dealership saw my white and black dream car sitting there in the showroom. There was a catch though it was USED! with 802 miles on it. I couldn't believe it! Of course they wanted the same as a new one $44,800. The story on the car is the gentleman ordered it last summer took delivery in July of this Year. In October he was laid off from his job and sold it back to the dealership. (at im sure a big loss) The dealership got a hold of it on Nov 2, the day the track key was released.
Actually tomorrow I have to take it to my local dealership to order the track key for it.
Anyway after the games and negotiation and of course a test drive we made a deal for $40,500 Drive out, and they paid for the track key.
Is it the deal of the century no....the car itself ended up costing me $38,885, but im very pleased with it. I can deal with the 800 miles on the odometer, hell I test drove regular GTs that had 4-500 miles on them.

I even got to meet the original owner since he had to come to the dealership and drop off the car cover for it, still sealed from Ford. I could tell he hated to see it go, but I assured him it was going to a good home. Here the pics. BTW I got number 788.

Last edited by twin turbo pilot; 11-09-2011 at 01:34 AM.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:16 AM
Jas5
3rd Gear Member

^ wow pilot, that's definitely my favorite color way.. but then again white is typically my fav. Those look GREAT stock, I dont see anything to change really, but some just get tired of the car eventually. How's she run?

Quick Reply: How much to pay for a new Boss?