Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Factory Roush vs. Roush Clone--Buyer Beware?

Old 03-22-2014, 07:38 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D

Note To All: Please note that I have no, and would not say "My Mustang" is a Roush! Look at the picture on every post and you will see the label does not even use the word "Roush"! WITH ALL DUE RESPECT FOR ROUSH MUSTANGS.... I didn't want one! I like the unmodified look of the '08 For Mustangs better! If it imitates anything, it would be an '08 California Special or Shelby not a Roush!

Then why would you put a roush windshield banner if you didn't want one?

Also your car looks nothing like a 08 gt/cs or a 08 Shelby. It looks only like a stock GT with a roush banner
Old 03-23-2014, 03:36 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Please fill this form out as you feel appropriate and I will sign it! Then let's move on and enjoy the cars we own!!

.................................................. .................................................. ........................................

Last edited by Mr. D; 03-23-2014 at 03:42 AM.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:27 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Awwww, did we hurt your feelings?
Old 03-24-2014, 03:44 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
Awwww, did we hurt your feelings?
Not at all! The hurt feelings are from Factory Serial Numbered Roush owners!

My "single and only point" was that a "substantial" build done by an authorized Roush Shop that is warranted by Ford and Roush should be respected as a quality option for those who choose not to buy a Shelby, Saleen, Roush or Boss. It's a respectable choice that should not be discredited! I never intended to demean anyone's else's choices. I simply maintain that a Roush Shop build is one of the choices that should not be discounted as a low quality clone or poser.

If you take a new Mustang GT and get a Roush supercharger with the other Roush under hood mods such as supercharger CAI, shock tower strut supports, etc., etc. and a Roush exhaust and brake upgrades you will have a nice Mustang that you should not be ashamed to put a Roush Windshield banner, etc. on it without being criticized by owners of Roush Factory serial numbered cars!

The angry claims that I've said my car or any of Authorized Roush Shop builds were the same as a Factory serial numbered car are just silly and unnecessarily defensive! Some people like myself are simply all about performance and not interested in Roush customized body styling.

When I built my Mustang, my goal was a high performance Mustang GT at about 50% to 60% the cost of a Shelby and that's what I got! It's simply a choice, not a attack on other people's choices! If I could have bought a Shelby for 40% less than it's Ford Dealership price, I likely would not have gotten a Roush Authorized Shop build.

I may buy a 5.0L Mustang GT with an automatic transmission and have a Roush Authorized Shop 575 HP build with the other brake and exhaust mods! I likely will have a Roush windshield banner, stripes, etc. put on it because I think it will look good and I like Roush performance. If that irritates owners of Factory Roush owners....... SORRY! It's my money and my car! It's all been said already, I'm just trying to clarify my point of view since some posters have misrepresented it!

We should all appreciate other people's choices and enjoy them!

Last edited by Mr. D; 03-24-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:47 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by LilRoush
I'm on his case about calling his car something it's not. He kept saying it's a REAL Roush, and it's not. That is my point - in fact that is why this thread was started, some scammer claimed a car was a real Roush to sell it.
Actually, his car isn't anything on par with the Roush he claims it is for all around performance. So it's not even close to 'beating the snot out of a typical Roush'.
Well, I guess I get what you're saying. If the car isn't performing like a Roush or better, But in order to make that claim wouldn't you actually have to meet Mr.D and see how that car actually performs against times, other cars? Its really kind of an assumption unless you've actually been witness to this??? I have yet to review his list of upgrades so I'm not assuming anything yet.

As for the OP.... Again its kind of a grey area. Because if the seller can produce invoices for the work... then their car has an applicable warranty that covers the car and the installations for Roush upgrades.

Which again puts the car in the same class as a Roush with certified papers.

Looks the same, sounds the same and performs the same. Then in the end it is the same.

Originally Posted by LilRoush
Jack is not in his 90's and is very much in the game. I see him often, and deal with a lot of people who work with him on a daily basis. He is heavily involved with his brand and all of his race teams.
It's crap like this that bugs me. People like to say "I think" and turn it into something instead of FACTS.
Well I didn't actually say he is in his 90's...I said he's LIKE in his 90's. And I make this observation based on how frail looking he is in many videos of him... as you view more recent videos you can see his frailty and his health seems to be.....

Well, I'll just say , my grandfather is in his 80's and looks and acts more spry than Mr. Roush. So I can't see Jack Roush putting any Vehicle through its paces to put his personal certification on it because he track tested it himself. I can however see him putting his signature on it as sort of an autographed piece with authentication for collector appeal. Which is basically a Marketing tactic.

Last edited by Cruzinaround; 03-24-2014 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:17 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Then why would you put a roush windshield banner if you didn't want one?

Also your car looks nothing like a 08 gt/cs or a 08 Shelby. It looks only like a stock GT with a roush banner

GEEEZ

You're on him too?

Hey I got some Roush, SVT, Steeda and SALEEN hat tips on my Mustang.

I got the Roush badges affixed to my 427R Concept hood, which would be appropriate since its a rare sight. A Steeda Badge on my Intake Plenum, also appropriate since that's what it is, SVT Badges for my Ford Racing upgrades which would be appropriate since that what they are. And a SALEEN fader stripe just because its cool. Hell... there's even Wilwood stamped on my Calipers because the upgrades came that way. If I had all Cobra Upgrades top to bottom, I'd probably consider placing a Cobra Window Banner. To me its because I like Cobras and if it looks like one why not announce what look I'm going for. But, then again I'm more subtle in my hat tip appreciation of the speed teams and the applications of the badges for me aren't loud and obnoxious to scream at you. If a guy with a "certified" Cobra gets his panties in a bunch then maybe all I have to do is show him my invoices and compare what he spent to what I spent to get to the same conclusion then watch as his stomach turns knots too as he realizes with the money I saved I could go and possibly BUY another Base GT to go with my Cobra copy that has all the same parts and a Warranty to boot.

See how that works?

I prefer the raised curiosity that comes with "Hey Dude, what kinda mods did you do to your car?". "Sounds Awesome", "Looks Amazing" ... With that the conversation usually gets more into what I like about all the specialty build shops.

Mr. D's car...looks nice. Although, I hate Stripes. That's just me. But still, I can appreciate a nice well kept car. And if the performance Mods are significant I can certainly appreciate that, too. In fact Who doesn't appreciate a minimalist approach with the appeal of a sleeper?

And Guess what....with a Big ROUSH Banner on it the next logical question that would come up if I met him in a parking lot or show is... "So is that a Roush?" And the rest of the conversation would go from there. And who doesn't like to talk about the mods done to their cars?

Me thinks... some people have an elitist mentality associated with the novelty of certification and perhaps a false sense of entitlement (deserved respect) because of it.

In the end you should be proud of what you own, but also remember no matter what... respect is earned.

---

Last edited by Cruzinaround; 03-24-2014 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:04 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cruzinaround
GEEEZ

You're on him too?
This was his quote that I was refering to. I dont know too many people out there that badge their cars as something they claim they dont want.

Look at the picture on every post and you will see the label does not even use the word "Roush"! WITH ALL DUE RESPECT FOR ROUSH MUSTANGS.... I didn't want one!
Old 03-24-2014, 01:32 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

This was his quote that I was refering to. I dont know too many people out there that badge their cars as something they claim they dont want.
I get ya... But, it also depends on how you translate this single sentence within the FULL context of what he has taken the time to write. And after reading everything he has to say I understand it like so....

He seems to appreciate what Roush special teams provide in their cars performance wise, but doesn't find the overall outward appearance appealing. That's very understandable. Some Special team vehicles looks are a bit over the top and well ... more obnoxious than practical. This is of course all a matter of subjective opinion. One person's eye candy is another person's eyesore.

If I were to Buy a Roush... I'd likely ditch the wing, Remove all the stripes and maybe swap the rockers out for some splitters. That's just me.

So if we take this in the opposite direction...If I remove things from the Roush is it now just a Mustang?

Or

Is it a Roush with Deleted visual options?

And if it is a Roush with deleted Visual options..... Then What's the issue with a visually toned down Roush-Charger equipped vehicle sporting a Roush window Banner?

It does after all have a Roush-Charger.

So it is a Roush Modified Mustang.

See how that works?

---
Old 03-24-2014, 03:55 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cruzinaround
GEEEZ

You're on him too?

Hey I got some Roush, SVT, Steeda and SALEEN hat tips on my Mustang.

I got the Roush badges affixed to my 427R Concept hood, which would be appropriate since its a rare sight. A Steeda Badge on my Intake Plenum, also appropriate since that's what it is, SVT Badges for my Ford Racing upgrades which would be appropriate since that what they are. And a SALEEN fader stripe just because its cool. Hell... there's even Wilwood stamped on my Calipers because the upgrades came that way. If I had all Cobra Upgrades top to bottom, I'd probably consider placing a Cobra Window Banner. To me its because I like Cobras and if it looks like one why not announce what look I'm going for. But, then again I'm more subtle in my hat tip appreciation of the speed teams and the applications of the badges for me aren't loud and obnoxious to scream at you. If a guy with a "certified" Cobra gets his panties in a bunch then maybe all I have to do is show him my invoices and compare what he spent to what I spent to get to the same conclusion then watch as his stomach turns knots too as he realizes with the money I saved I could go and possibly BUY another Base GT to go with my Cobra copy that has all the same parts and a Warranty to boot.

See how that works?

I prefer the raised curiosity that comes with "Hey Dude, what kinda mods did you do to your car?". "Sounds Awesome", "Looks Amazing" ... With that the conversation usually gets more into what I like about all the specialty build shops.

Mr. D's car...looks nice. Although, I hate Stripes. That's just me. But still, I can appreciate a nice well kept car. And if the performance Mods are significant I can certainly appreciate that, too. In fact Who doesn't appreciate a minimalist approach with the appeal of a sleeper?

And Guess what....with a Big ROUSH Banner on it the next logical question that would come up if I met him in a parking lot or show is... "So is that a Roush?" And the rest of the conversation would go from there. And who doesn't like to talk about the mods done to their cars?

Me thinks... some people have an elitist mentality associated with the novelty of certification and perhaps a false sense of entitlement (deserved respect) because of it.

In the end you should be proud of what you own, but also remember no matter what... respect is earned.

---
LOL![/B]

I guess the stripes are showing off for Cruise Nights, Etc.! I least I didn't put on the "Fake Hood Scoop!" LOL!

Again, I have not been talking about my Mustang specifically, but rather Authorized Roush Shop Builds in general! I don't call my car anything! I just drive it! When I sell it.... I will tell the buyer it is a GT Premium Mustang that was taken to Roush Authorized Shop and modified with....... I will not call it a Factory Built Roush with a serial number! It is..... what it is! My attitude when selling something is, "If you don't like my peaches, then don't shake my tree!" Buy what floats your boat, but don't nitpick other people's cars! I've been a fisherman and salesman for 50+ years. When a person starts nitpicking your car tell them, "This probably isn't the right car for you!", and thank them for coming to look at it! If you have a nice car at a good price.... watch them back track their nitpicking to lower the price and try to buy the car! It's like pulling the bait away from a fish to get them to bite!

[B](A guy I know nitpicked a 69 Camaro to get the price down and when he finally decided to pay the full asking price, the owner threw him off his property saying, "I wouldn't sell my car for twice the asking price to an assenhollen (Fake German) like you!) Wrong approach! Just say'n!

Here's the background again:

I first went to Shelby of Las Vegas! It was clear that I had to build my car their way to the tune of $25K for mods I didn't want.... or hit the highway! So..... I thought, "Falk you very much!" and I hit the highway to a Roush shop where they actually let me decide what I wanted to do with my car! What a concept! So...the Roush banner, etc. on my car is a tribute to the Roush performance parts on my Mustang! It is not an attempt to mislead! I appreciate that Roush allows people to go to a Roush Authorized Shop and get a blower or other mods put on their Mustang with a Roush/Ford warrantee!

One thing I learned a long time ago is that it only takes one person to buy your car, RV, house, or whatever, so that's the only person to deal please! If it's a good value it will sell based on honest value!

Last edited by Mr. D; 03-25-2014 at 12:43 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:56 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

I guess the stripe are showing off for Cruise Nights, Etc.! I least I didn't put on the "Fake Hood Scoop!"
If it ain't functional... It's useful as a means of drag.

sometimes less is more.

---

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Factory Roush vs. Roush Clone--Buyer Beware?