Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

pro charged 2005 roush stage1 forklift bumper

Old 03-25-2016, 12:35 PM
tansamnat

Default pro charged 2005 roush stage1 forklift bumper

I have a showroom quality Roush mustang
13.000 miles..
Has the ultra rare "forklift" bumper.
Floor mats still in plastic
All the window stickers are still with the car and paper work
Even on the original tires from 05!! Are still on it!
5 speed manual
Hurst shifter
Stage 2 intercooled pro charger
Lots of mods.
Mid America mustang show winner.. The car has never been in the rain or washed.. I'm thinking about selling it
I've had a lot of people say it isn't worth anything because it's only a stage one..? Is that true? I'm trying to post this in the classifieds but no luck yet. Any interested? The car is perfect.. I mean perfect..
I've just had a few haters..
Say that it's not worth anything and it's just a mustang. So I just wanted to get everyone's opinion or if anyone's interested in it. Thanks.

Old 03-25-2016, 01:33 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Really nice Stage 1! You can tell it's been very well kept up.

As for why it may not be selling, the biggest questions is, of course, how much are you asking? A modified Stage 1 is not going to get the same money as a Stage3, for example, but would still be worth more than a 2005 GT due to the heritage.

Roush Mustangs are hard to value, but the general rule of thumb is to take the NADA Guides or KBB value for a regular Mustang GT, figure out the depreciation from the original sticker price, and apply that depreciation to the estimated original costs of the Roush upgrade and the other mods (less labor). Add the three together, and that will give you a basic starting point for the asking price. Some would say the additional mods are largely a wash (in other words, not worth that much).

Your car has a lot of great mods on it, but that is both a blessing and a curse when selling - I think the general presumption from a buyer is, with a lot of performance mods and such low mileage, the car has been run. Yours is in such nice condition, I think this would alleviate that concern, but might not for everyone.

As for the other things you mention, the front fascia came with every Roush stage from 2005 to 2009, so not a "rarity" for a Roush (but may be rare for Mustangs as a whole). And, frankly, since the tires are 11 years old, the new buyer is looking at a new set of tires ($800 - $2,000), so consider that in your asking price. Tires that old are unsafe, in my opinion.

Best of luck with the sale! Nice car.
Old 03-25-2016, 01:50 PM
tansamnat

Originally Posted by kenthicken
Really nice Stage 1! You can tell it's been very well kept up.

As for why it may not be selling, the biggest questions is, of course, how much are you asking? A modified Stage 1 is not going to get the same money as a Stage3, for example, but would still be worth more than a 2005 GT due to the heritage.

Roush Mustangs are hard to value, but the general rule of thumb is to take the NADA Guides or KBB value for a regular Mustang GT, figure out the depreciation from the original sticker price, and apply that depreciation to the estimated original costs of the Roush upgrade and the other mods (less labor). Add the three together, and that will give you a basic starting point for the asking price. Some would say the additional mods are largely a wash (in other words, not worth that much).

Your car has a lot of great mods on it, but that is both a blessing and a curse when selling - I think the general presumption from a buyer is, with a lot of performance mods and such low mileage, the car has been run. Yours is in such nice condition, I think this would alleviate that concern, but might not for everyone.

As for the other things you mention, the front fascia came with every Roush stage from 2005 to 2009, so not a "rarity" for a Roush (but may be rare for Mustangs as a whole). And, frankly, since the tires are 11 years old, the new buyer is looking at a new set of tires ($800 - $2,000), so consider that in your asking price. Tires that old are unsafe, in my opinion.

Best of luck with the sale! Nice car.
Thank you! Yes The tires will be replaced.
Is 23k too high?
Old 03-25-2016, 02:00 PM
tansamnat

Originally Posted by tansamnat
Thank you! Yes The tires will be replaced.
Is 23k too high?
Also. I'm referring to the rear bumper.
I was told It was an 05 only option.
Old 03-26-2016, 12:52 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Didn't catch the rear bumper - yes, I think that is one (or two) years only.

Looking at NADA Guides, depreciation for a car in your condition is about 58% from the original sticker price. Take the same depreciation on the Roush package, and total price of the car should be around $16,500, give or take (less the added mods).

With the additional mods beyond what Roush installed, all I can see is the Procharger and the Hurst shifter, so estimating the cost of all additional mods as $6,000 (new), with the same depreciation, these mods would be worth about $2,500 additional (again, give or take).

So, you're at about $19K to $21K or so? So, yes, $23K might be a little high, but not by a whole lot. If you're raring to sell, put it up for $21K to start, knowing you might wind up about $20K. If that is too much of a hit, just hold on to and enjoy the car.

For comparison, my 427R is probably worth about $16K to $17K now on a good day. It's bone stock (for Roush), never been retuned or anything, but it has 108K commuter miles on it.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:32 PM
Jack1.1

Forklift holes were only available on the 2005 model, and those were the first assigned 1175 ones. This black mustang was one of the last ones at 1124. Curiously, this one had a production date of 5/10/05, which means it just snuck in for forklift holes, but it was not made until August so it sat around all summer until it was built. Kenthicken is pretty close on price there I think. Hope you sold it by now to another person who will take as good a care of it as you did.
Jack