Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Oil separator for my 427R

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 06:12 PM
JeffroT

Default Oil separator for my 427R

Should I put a oil separator on my 2008 427R, both sides or just psg side? If so since it is not a regular GT, would I put the GT500 application one on?
thanks
Old 08-02-2017, 04:52 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

On the driver's side only. No need to put on the passengers side. And, the regular version for the GT is fine.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:05 AM
JeffroT

Originally Posted by kenthicken
On the driver's side only. No need to put on the passengers side. And, the regular version for the GT is fine.
Thanks for the reply, some of the feedback on oil separators/catch cans from people who put both sides on said they only were getting oil accumulation on the Passenger side, maybe different on supercharged cars?
Old 08-03-2017, 10:55 AM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

It should go on the PCV side, which on both of mine is the passenger side. I had one on the driver's side of my 11 for about 6 months, it filtered nothing..
Old 08-03-2017, 11:10 AM
JeffroT

Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2
It should go on the PCV side, which on both of mine is the passenger side. I had one on the driver's side of my 11 for about 6 months, it filtered nothing..
Thanks for the feedback
Old 08-03-2017, 11:16 AM
JeffroT

Originally Posted by kenthicken

Have you done anything to yours on the exhaust, I have asked shops and people at car shows about headers, X-pipe. Since I have collector car ins on mine, I don't have to do emissions in AZ. So I have asked people is it worth putting ceramic coated cooks headers, un-catted X-pipe, then re-tuned. Some have told me leave it alone, don't do anything, some have said do the headers, X-pipe & re-tune, and one guy said if you are under 600hp, just do the un-catted X-pipe only & re-tune, although it will be quite louder without the cats. Any thoughts or experience?