Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Thinking about it...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 09:48 AM
spidermac

Default Thinking about it...

So I like cars...I have owned a lot of cars in my 50 years of life and all kinds of cars...and I have the itch again to get a new one...

I got the itch because I just bought my daughter a car for her 16th birthday, and while we were waiting I wandered the lot and got to looking at the Roush vehicles the dealer had on the lot.

So started doing some research and the cars on the short list:

1. Mustang Shelby
2. RS3 Mustang
3. Challenger Hellcat
4. Charger Hellcat
5. Audi A8L 4.0 (used, can't afford one of these beasts new).

I know the Audi is an odd addition, but I have owned 2 A4's and they were an absolute blast to drive, and with a zero to 60 time of about 5.5 seconds for a car that weighs almost 3 tons, I think the A8 should be a consideration.

The Ford/Roush Dealer I am working with put a $10K "market adjustment" on the Shelby, and I'm not willing to pay that. So the Shelby is out unless the dealer comes to his senses on that.

The RS3 I drove this last weekend and all I can say is "wow". They are selling the car for $63K if I go through Ford Motor Credit.

I kind of drove the Hellcat Challenger, it was raining sideways...so I didn't get to really step on the "go pedal", but it was tight and I could feel it wanting to go...it's a leftover '16 and they are selling it for $60K.

Have not driven the Charger or the Audi yet.

So the Dodges give me a silly 707 HP, meaning I will get to the grocery store faster than anyone in my neighborhood. The Roush gives me 670, meaning that the evening runs for milk and eggs will take longer...but I really did enjoy the test drive.

So I guess the reason for my post...The Roush Stage 3 is about 3K more than the Challenger, both of them are sweet rides (going to drive the Hellcat again in better weather, just to be sure)....why should I by the RS3 over any of the others?
Old 07-10-2017, 01:03 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

You should buy the Shelby, there are dealers out there selling them for MSRP, that is how I got mine. If you spend $63K on a RS3, you just lost $23K depreciation right off the bat. Those cars have zero residual value because in the end they are just GT Mustangs with aftermarket parts. Check the blue book yourself. If you don't care about resale value or trade in value, get the RS3.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:31 PM
Johnayad

Default And....?

did you end up purchasing a beast yet?