Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

2012 Roush RS3 Brake Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 05:59 AM
jonrob65

Cool 2012 Roush RS3 Brake Question

I am sure this topic has come up probably numerous times here at some time or another. I have a 2012 Roush RS3 Mustang with the Brembo brakes in the front. It still has the
original 2 piece rotors in the front, however they are becoming quite worn and I would like to replace them. However, I am not interested in replacing them with the outrageously priced original 2 piece rotors. Especially since having a 2 piece rotor that you cannot buy the outer ring for, which has got to be one of the dumbest things that Roush ever did on these cars, is not possible. The whole purpose of a 2 piece rotor is so that the outer ring can be replaced, like on a race car. Having faux 2 piece rotors is just stupid in my opinion, and a waste of money. Anyhow, rant over, back to original question. I am looking to replace the rotors, and I am sure there are some suitable replacements, and was wondering what those would be. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I really need to fix my brakes. Also, if anyone knows where to get a rebuild kit for the calipers that would great as well.
Old 03-11-2022, 02:23 PM
POSEIDYN

Originally Posted by jonrob65
I am sure this topic has come up probably numerous times here at some time or another. I have a 2012 Roush RS3 Mustang with the Brembo brakes in the front. It still has the
original 2 piece rotors in the front, however they are becoming quite worn and I would like to replace them. However, I am not interested in replacing them with the outrageously priced original 2 piece rotors. Especially since having a 2 piece rotor that you cannot buy the outer ring for, which has got to be one of the dumbest things that Roush ever did on these cars, is not possible. The whole purpose of a 2 piece rotor is so that the outer ring can be replaced, like on a race car. Having faux 2 piece rotors is just stupid in my opinion, and a waste of money. Anyhow, rant over, back to original question. I am looking to replace the rotors, and I am sure there are some suitable replacements, and was wondering what those would be. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I really need to fix my brakes. Also, if anyone knows where to get a rebuild kit for the calipers that would great as well.
I just picked up a 14 RS3. What did you ened up using for rotors?