Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

06 SALEEN S281-SC 1/4 TIME

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 03:29 PM
LAK3RS
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 06 SALEEN S281-SC 1/4 TIME

Hey Birdieman could u possibly correct chevykillers incorecct statements he posted???
Old 01-14-2006, 04:14 PM
ninja205
3rd Gear Member

when you say saleen = slow in what respect are you saying its slow? 1/4 mile time? 0-60 time? or some other form of slow, am i to assume you have actualy owned/driven the mentioned vehicle? not to diss anyone but the comment "its slow!" is like someone asking me how fast my little french car is u use on the race track, when i reply with..fast where? in a straight line/ around the track/ 1/4 mile! they just look bemused and repeat again.."errr yeah so how fast is it?"
Old 01-15-2006, 12:27 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: grabbem88

yeah,but look at the availability of the higher output saleens..most of them were bought buy rich dumba$$es,
that just park them in there garage,and repeat everything they have read in the magazines.
Ok, I was just going to let this thread go - but this post is just rediculous. Those that buy Saleens may be a tad on the rich side, or just have more DISPOSABLE income then some - but that doesn't make us dumbasses. And as for parking them, well - many that buy Saleens are enthusiasts of the car, and are into collectors value as apposed to modded-up e/t's. Just because I like to show and cherish my car, and not mod it up and take it to the track has NOTHING to do with my intelligence.

You treat your car the way you want to, and I'll treat mine my way. I don't come into the 4.6L section and bash you guys about your mods. In fact, I dig them - just not into doing them myself. So don't come in here and bash us and call us dumbasses for the way we treat our cars.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:57 PM
scspeedster
2nd Gear Member

You know what I like - Here we are bashing each other, nothing better to do because - there just isn't anything else out there to compete with.

You guys with the BIG BLOWERS running 14+ lbs of boost that's just great, have you ever turned left or right, I doubt it. It's not all about how fast you can go in 60ft or a 1/4 mile, bring one of those things out on the road course or let's just make it easy an oval track - man I really doubt if you ever get one of those things wound up.

I'll take my 50,000+ mile garaged Saleen "Chick magnet" any time - but that's just me! Wouldn't it be a boring world if we all just liked the same things - Hat's off to you Big Blowers!!
Old 01-15-2006, 03:07 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

You know what I like - Here we are bashing each other, nothing better to do because - there just isn't anything else out there to compete with.

You guys with the BIG BLOWERS running 14+ lbs of boost that's just great, have you ever turned left or right, I doubt it. It's not all about how fast you can go in 60ft or a 1/4 mile, bring one of those things out on the road course or let's just make it easy an oval track - man I really doubt if you ever get one of those things wound up.

I'll take my 50,000+ mile garaged Saleen "Chick magnet" any time - but that's just me! Wouldn't it be a boring world if we all just liked the same things - Hat's off to you Big Blowers!!
...I'm still trying to figure out the point of this post.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:59 AM
stang13
1st Gear Member

Off topic but I see that you have a saleen hood on your new saleen stang, does any water come though? Those vents are functional right? The saleen sc look like it puts out alot for such low psi to me, stock superchargers like the roush n saleen have sumthing no after market setup has. A warranty! So dont compare. The gt500 yeah but that things a beast with a 5.4
Old 01-16-2006, 02:08 PM
scspeedster
2nd Gear Member

I guess I was just reading entire thread and it seemed there was a little bashing going on and Saleen name calling.

Yes the hood is functional and yes there are times when rain gets in, but only when it's parked.

Old 01-16-2006, 04:16 PM
stang13
1st Gear Member

Do the 05 saleen hoods leak?
Old 01-17-2006, 02:38 AM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stang13
Do the 05 saleen hoods leak?
I don't think your asking the right question. The vents don't go straight through the hood. The inlet for the vents is in the front center of the hood, on the bottom side.

If you were to dump water through the top of the vent, it would empty out in the space between the radiator fan, and the belts and pulleys.

Cheers
Old 01-17-2006, 02:42 AM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scspeedster
haha! Now you're categorizing people. Don't assume that just because someone has made blower mods, that they haven't made suspension mods.

Cheers

Quick Reply: 06 SALEEN S281-SC 1/4 TIME