Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

the deed is done!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 01:00 PM
ninja205
3rd Gear Member

Default the deed is done!

hi folks, I am now back in England after spending,6 days in Florida and yes I have ordered up a '06 S281sc Saleen in Vista Blue,got it for a little over $55.5k and struck lucky as Saleen had in a chasis when the dealership placed the order! they said approx 2-3 weeks for it to get to the dealer who will then transport it to Jacksonville to be shipped over here to England
took a good long (approx 30mins) test drive in the normal saleen and was very impressed,went back on the second day to finalise paperwork and took a test drive in the SC model and damn I can't wait to get it over here!
Old 02-14-2006, 10:48 PM
demarcom
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: the deed is done!

Considering how rare they are to see in the US, you will have one special car over there in the UK. Anything around you that will be faster in stock form?
Old 02-15-2006, 01:30 AM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

Congrats! I'd also recommend 39# injectors with a 90mm MAF and tune. This will keep you running strong and safe.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:35 AM
ninja205
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: demarcom

Considering how rare they are to see in the US, you will have one special car over there in the UK. Anything around you that will be faster in stock form?
faster in a straight line or round corners? in stock form in a straight line will be just cars like Porche,Ferrari etc. around corners add in cars like the subaru imprezza,mitsubishi evo stuff like that
Old 02-15-2006, 12:07 PM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

well i too have a saleen sc 06' you can take some porsche in a straight line, not all and ferrari's im not sure which new ones you would be talking about but i dont think you will be taking to many ferrari in a straight line.........
Old 02-15-2006, 01:38 PM
ninja205
3rd Gear Member

i think you mis-read the original question,i was asked if anythinhg around in stock form would be faster and i replied with porche and ferrari,i didnt say i would be faster than ferrari
ORIGINAL: cableguymicah

well i too have a saleen sc 06' you can take some porsche in a straight line, not all and ferrari's im not sure which new ones you would be talking about but i dont think you will be taking to many ferrari in a straight line.........
Old 02-15-2006, 01:43 PM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

well you really cant put a saleen sc in the same class as of a ferrari..........sorry man just cant really include those two names in the same sentence...have fun with your new saleen im sure you will enjoy
Old 02-15-2006, 03:17 PM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cableguymicah

well you really cant put a saleen sc in the same class as of a ferrari..........sorry man just cant really include those two names in the same sentence...have fun with your new saleen im sure you will enjoy
If you ever get your sc installed, you might change your tune. Not all Ferrari's run the 1/4 mile in the 12's.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:21 PM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

well first off i have one.......second i didnt say that all ferrari are all 12's and under i just think you really cant compare a 100+k car to a 55k car.........
Old 02-15-2006, 03:55 PM
ninja205
3rd Gear Member

going slightly off topic now, the question wasnt about comparing the saleen to other cars i.e porche or ferrari,it was a simple question about 'any' car in stock form that would be faster than the saleen in for example a 1/4 mile drag,irrelevant anyway as i cant wait for it to be deliverd and am looking forward to cruising around in it

Quick Reply: the deed is done!