Year: 1989
Make: Ford
Model: Mustang
Price: $5500
Mileage: 169553
Color: White
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State/Prov): PA

I am selling my 1989 Ford Mustang LX. This model has a 5.0 V8, with a 5-speed manual transmission. My asking price is $5,500 OBO. Was a project that I have lost interest in, would rather have the money. Will come with some spare & takeoff parts, as well as an Energy Suspension polyurethane bushing kit. I installed a handful, but the remainder is in a box waiting to be put on.

Below I have included a list of modifications, and problems. This was all done from memory, and I have done my best to be as forthcoming and inclusive as possible, but may have forgotten or overlooked something. I apologize for any uncertainty - it has been some time since I familiarized myself with the changes of previous owners, or made changes of my own.

Please contact me with any questions about the car.

MODIFICATIONS, RECENT MAINTENANCE/REPLACEMENTS:
Electrical
-New battery
-TFI Module - Flame Thrower
-Upgraded 3G 130 Amp Alternator

Drivetrain:
-Engine and Transmission were both rebuilt by the previous owner (owns and runs a small shop which I personally visited, specializes in fox body Mustangs)- the engine had about 1,000 miles on it since the rebuild when I purchased it, and the transmission about 3,000. I do not recall the exact mileage at time of purchase, but if I had to guess I would estimate I have put less than 5,000 miles on the car.
-Relatively new stage 2 clutch (installed by PO during transmission rebuild)
-Cold air intake
-MAF conversion
-Larger Throttle body (don't know the exact size, sorry)
-Trick flow intake manifolds
-B-303 camshaft
-Relatively new distributor cap/rotor
-Fairly new header gaskets
-BBK Long Tube Headers
-Flowmaster Mufflers & exhaust tips
-Pro 5.0 short shifter, Nice billiard-ball style shift ball
-Aluminum Driveshaft
-3.73 rear end gears

Body / Exterior:
-During the engine rebuild, the engine bay was repainted and clear coated.
-One-piece headlight housings, HID headlights
-Locking flush hood pins
-New weatherstripping on doors and hatch, new weatherstripping on both door windows, and lower beltline.
-Ford racing lowering springs
-RedLine tuning hood struts
-This was a factory A/C car, but the compressor has been removed.

Interior:
-Kenwood head unit with remote control & ipod cable (old style, pre-lightening)
-Infinity speakers (all replaced)
-Corbeau racing seats with lumbar air bladders
-Grant Steering Wheel, suede. Removable, with a locking hub cover (good security measure)
-Some Autometer gauges from the previous owner. Have had issues with the fuel pressure gauge since purchase, and the oil pressure gauge no longer works.
-Autometer shift light
-ooOOga horn

PROBLEMS:
Paint/Body:
-Paint appears to be original - there are chips, dents, general defects, etc. the most prominent of them is a dent in the front center of the hood. There are some spots of rust, but none have gone through the metal and can still be repaired without a patch panel. Much of the trim has had some wear from sun and the elements over the years.
-Front bumper push-in rivets / Christmas trees are aged and don't allow the bumper cover to fit closely to the fenders
-Driver door handle has within the last few uses, broken partially (rear pin sheard). It still will open the door, you just need to apply a downward force. Replacements are available in pairs for about $20.
-The passenger taillight mounting area appears to have been deformed at some point, and does not properly seal to the light.
-Antenna was removed, radio does not work, but could be replaced

Drivetrain:
-A check engine light is on, with a code indicating the throttle position sensor is out of specification. This causes some idle "hunting", where the idle will fluctuate within about 200-400 RPM range. This also causes some sputtering at high RPM (over about 4500)
-There is a VERY slow oil leak. This only began after changing from conventional to synthetic oil (which experienced mechanics will tell you tend to find their way out of older engines). I have had to top it off maybe 3 times over years.
-Occasionally the shifter pops out of 2nd gear. It can either be held if you keep you hand on the shifter, or put back into gear- hasn't been a big issue for me.
-Tires are aged and beginning to dry-rot. Probably will need replacement soon.

Electrical:
-There is a small parasitic draw that I haven't looked into. If you allow the car to sit for too long, it will drain the battery.

Interior:
-Standard things you would expect, some of plastics have become brittle and broken (ex: seatbelt guides, door handle frames, sail panels, etc), carpets have staining,
-There is some issue with the wiring to the passenger window motor. The door lock actuators work fine, and both the window motor and switch were replaced with new parts, but at current the window will not go up or down. When I had the wiring in the passenger kick panel exposed, it worked fine, and if you jiggle it, you can make it work again - I suspect just a bad contact or short somewhere, but the parts are good.
-Door panels could fit more tightly with new push pin/push rivets/Christmas trees
-While cleaning the car for the pictures for this listing, the center fin on the center/right air vent broke
-Already mentioned earlier in modifications, but the oil pressure and fuel pressure gauges do not work - I suspect issues with the gauges, and they could be replaced if desired (senders probably still OK)
-Shifter trim cracked when drilling to install switch for ooOOga horn
-Map light works but needs a new bulb. I purchased an LED bulb which was supposed to fit, but did not, and the old bulb broke when removing it.
Attached Thumbnails 1989 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L V8 5 Speed Hatchback-dsc08707.jpg   1989 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L V8 5 Speed Hatchback-dsc08709.jpg   1989 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L V8 5 Speed Hatchback-dsc08711.jpg   1989 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L V8 5 Speed Hatchback-dsc08712.jpg   1989 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L V8 5 Speed Hatchback-dsc08713.jpg  

1989 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L V8 5 Speed Hatchback-dsc08714.jpg   1989 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L V8 5 Speed Hatchback-dsc08718.jpg   1989 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L V8 5 Speed Hatchback-dsc08723.jpg   1989 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L V8 5 Speed Hatchback-dsc08724.jpg   1989 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L V8 5 Speed Hatchback-dsc08725.jpg  

1989 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L V8 5 Speed Hatchback-dsc08728.jpg   1989 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L V8 5 Speed Hatchback-dsc08730.jpg   1989 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L V8 5 Speed Hatchback-dsc08732.jpg   1989 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L V8 5 Speed Hatchback-dsc08734.jpg   1989 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L V8 5 Speed Hatchback-dsc08735.jpg  

1989 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L V8 5 Speed Hatchback-dsc08737.jpg   1989 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L V8 5 Speed Hatchback-dsc08738.jpg   1989 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L V8 5 Speed Hatchback-dsc08742.jpg   1989 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L V8 5 Speed Hatchback-dsc08745.jpg   1989 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L V8 5 Speed Hatchback-dsc08746.jpg