Location (State/Prov):

Item Condition:

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 12:24 AM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

Default PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!!!

I'm not sure how some of you ever expect to sell a car, but maybe you just need a few pointers.

1.) Post as much information as you can about the vehicle you have for sale. There are so many "1987 GT for sale" type ads. What do you hope to accomplish with a listing like that?

2.) PUT A PRICE IN YOUR AD!!! I should make it so you have to put a price in order to list a car. The first question out of people's mouths is "How Much?"

3.) Tell people where the car is located.

4.) Post a few pictures. Digital cameras are so cheap these days. They even make disposable ones now. Go buy a camera and post a picture of the car. We'll even host the picture for free.

5.) If you're going to list a car for sale, and then not bother to come back and answer peoples questions...What is the point? I've run across about 10 ads today where the user has 1 post, a few asked questions about the car, and he never came back. PLEASE DON'T BOTHER!

6.) If you need help...ASK! That's what we're here for!!!

Thank you,

Sidewayz6.0
Old 04-03-2008, 07:09 PM
STEALTHR

Default RE: PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!!!

Thanks. The info is really helpful.

John
Old 10-25-2010, 06:41 PM
steelcomp
2nd Gear Member

I just spent most of the last hour downloading pictures and writing a description of my car. When I hit the "proceed" button, I got a "format wrong, Price" message window.
That's it. No way to correct the problem ...hit the back page, and it's all gone! All that work and writing. What a freeking waste of my time, and how stupid a system to not allow some sort of correction on something like that. NO I did not use a dollar sign, either.
User be ware.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:23 PM
HP-92turboLx

Cant even post a Mustang 4-sale and dont know why... Now I realize why I dont bother adding all my tech to these boadrs.. Nagigation and rules abd stupid... I build and tune 6 second Mustang, its alot easier then trying to post on one of these stupid Mustang sites
Old 11-18-2010, 04:27 PM
HP-92turboLx

Originally Posted by steelcomp
I just spent most of the last hour downloading pictures and writing a description of my car. When I hit the "proceed" button, I got a "format wrong, Price" message window.
That's it. No way to correct the problem ...hit the back page, and it's all gone! All that work and writing. What a freeking waste of my time, and how stupid a system to not allow some sort of correction on something like that. NO I did not use a dollar sign, either.
User be ware.
Always write up a post to your word pad and save it just in case these sites decide to try and screw you.. Got it dog
Old 12-08-2010, 04:38 AM
heathersellsthecobra

Hi,

Hopefully you can refer me to the right place to fix this, if this is not it. I'd like to post an ad and am getting an error saying my account is not activated. I received an email from mustangforums.com, but not an activation link in the email. What can I do to get my account activated?

Thanks!

Heather
Old 02-06-2011, 02:33 AM
shawnmid

How do I enable my account to post under classifieds? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shawn
Old 03-11-2011, 04:58 PM
newtonmotorcars

I am having the same problem regarding posting an ad. Moderators please help us! Thanks!

Danny
Old 03-11-2011, 05:15 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Ver logical and useful thread. Sould be common knowledge but obviously it isnt.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Escott

I would also like to post my 03 True blue Mustang for sale; however, it says I do not have permission when attempting to start a thread.

Rule number 5 states:
. Selling or solicitation of ANYTHING in the general forum, by Private Message or in Chat is considered Spam and is not allowed. Anyone found posting excessive links to their websites, or suspected of "sneaky" advertising will be warned and will possibly lose their posting privileges. Please post your private party ads in the Mustang Forums Classifieds forum sections. If you are a business and have a product or service that would be of interest to our members, visit our Advertising/Sponsorship page to learn how you can join our team and help support our community. We offer a variety of low-cost packages that can be of great benefit to your company.

thought I was in the right place. Mods, a little help please.

Quick Reply: PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!!!