Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 V6 rear water sloshing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 02:06 PM
swatswat

Exclamation 2014 V6 rear water sloshing?

Hello all!

My 14 v6 (not convertible) has about 3000 miles now and i bought it brand new about 3 months ago.

Very recently (a couple of days ago) I noticed water sloshing sound coming from both sides of quarter panels. I did my search on Google and took my stang in the shop. They said they completely tore the car apart and could not find a single wet spot so they told me the sloshing sound is from the fuel tank.

I put a full tank of gas in after the shop and can still hear the sound and it obviously is coming from the quarter panel. Sounds exactly like if someone left a half full water bottle at the rear cupholder (if mustangs have rear cupholders).

I've read threads talking about the same problem from 06 convertibles but mine is a brand new 14 and I really have no idea where this problem comes from.

Thank you so much in advance for sharing your expertise with me! I really don't know what to do now.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:52 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

The only thing I can think of is if you know a shop with a ramp lift (like an alignment rack) where you can put the car in the air on its wheels. Once up there jounce the car as hard as possible and see if you can isolate the sloshing sound.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:13 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by swatswat
Hello all!
My 14 v6 (not convertible) has about 3000 miles now and i bought it brand new about 3 months ago.

Very recently (a couple of days ago) I noticed water sloshing sound coming from both sides of quarter panels. I did my search on Google and took my stang in the shop. They said they completely tore the car apart and could not find a single wet spot so they told me the sloshing sound is from the fuel tank....
Hello swatswat,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service, and I’d like to get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha
Old 10-14-2013, 05:24 PM
hardcore302
2nd Gear Member

Check under your trunk mat behind the wheels. I had water leaking in somewhere on the right side.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:45 PM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SpartaPerformance
The only thing I can think of is if you know a shop with a ramp lift (like an alignment rack) where you can put the car in the air on its wheels. Once up there jounce the car as hard as possible and see if you can isolate the sloshing sound.
I would not in any way shape or form reccomend Jouncing Your baby on a lift at ALL. Second, Your Gas tank is never completely full, Could be the issue. But I would go to the dealer and Have it looked at again.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:45 AM
jhawkr
2nd Gear Member

Gasoline sloshing? I doubt it. My 2010 had the little plastic covers on the door drain holes plug up with debris and the drivers side door filled up with water after a heavy rain! I cleared the drain holes and the water drained out. There did not seem to be any damage as a result. I could hear it sloshing every time I hit the brakes.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:27 AM
robs
3rd Gear Member

My 06 does this.. not sure if it's the same.. but there's a structural spot in front of rear tire that gets water in it... Get up to about 10 mph and slam on your brakes... on mine the water starts running out the rocker panels... I've siliconed up all the seams in the wheel well... worked for a while.. starting to do it again..

Last edited by robs; 05-17-2014 at 06:37 AM.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:51 PM
elporterjr

Default Same Water Noise

I hear the same water noise after a big rain. So I took my car to my local sealer and they told me that they would have to call the “Water Doctor”. They now tell me that the problem was worse than I thought. They said that the Water Doctor found water in both the passenger rear quarter panel and the passenger side door. He supposedly took apart both and resealed them. Not sure I’m happy with this because I was not consulted prior to the repair and not sure what he actually did. Was the area that was exposed to treated for potential rust? What seals were installed and who installed them; the Water Doctor or Ford? I can see this Water Doctor diagnosing the problem, but repairs should have been Fords. I guess I’ll see when I go to pick my car up tomorrow.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:03 PM
Glenn Ford

I have a 2012 Mustang GT that had water sloshing in the DS door. The problem was simply then two drain plugs at the bottom of the door were plugged up. I removed the drain plugs and at least two quarts of water came out of the door after a heavy rain. I really doubt if their can be any water in the quarter panel.