Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAMA Tuner transfer of ownership?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 08:50 PM
StreetGhost
2nd Gear Member

Default BAMA Tuner transfer of ownership?

Does anyone know if you purchase the car and tuner from someone if the tuner and tunes transfer? Meaning, if I want to change a tune, can I call up American Muscle and ask them for a new tune if I purchased the tuner and the vehicle that it is married to?
Old 06-25-2015, 09:22 PM
jz
3rd Gear Member

I would imagine for a fee you could get a new tune. I wouldn't expect the lifetime tunes to transfer to you (assuming that's what you're asking).
Old 06-26-2015, 05:25 AM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

Tunes are non transferable. You could use the tuner and buy a tune from any of the top notch tuners.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:49 AM
JimC

You can use the tuner on the car, but for new tunes you are on your own. The "tunes for life" is for the time that the person who buys the tuner and tunes owns the car. It isn't "tunes for my life" or "tunes for the life of this car" - once they sell the car they would have to buy new tunes and upload those for their new car as well.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:54 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Blizzard2010
Does anyone know if you purchase the car and tuner from someone if the tuner and tunes transfer? Meaning, if I want to change a tune, can I call up American Muscle and ask them for a new tune if I purchased the tuner and the vehicle that it is married to?

Hey Blizz - Good question and just as Scott had said the tunes are not transferable. You would need to enroll in Bama's Tunes For Life Program and I'm happy to have you enrolled free of charge if you'd like. Drop me a line with your contact info and I can have that set up for you today.

Alex
Old 06-26-2015, 09:52 AM
StreetGhost
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
Hey Blizz - Good question and just as Scott had said the tunes are not transferable. You would need to enroll in Bama's Tunes For Life Program and I'm happy to have you enrolled free of charge if you'd like. Drop me a line with your contact info and I can have that set up for you today.

Alex
Just sent a PM
Old 06-26-2015, 11:51 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Blizzard2010
Just sent a PM
Received and replied - Whenever you're ready just let me know and I'll get you set up.

Alex
Old 10-20-2018, 04:42 PM
Augy123

Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus

Alex
Alex,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I am in the same boat. I just purchased a 2006 Mustang with a Bama Tuner and was looking into the transferability of the tunes and came across this. I know the previous owner swapped out the rear end (Bullitt 3.73) and the Ford Racing CAI installed which is why they said they needed the tuner. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:35 PM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

Alex hasn't been on in over two years. You should contact Bama directly instead of bumping this three year old thread.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:30 PM
Augy123

Originally Posted by scottmach
Alex hasn't been on in over two years. You should contact Bama directly instead of bumping this three year old thread.
Will do, sorry about that.

Quick Reply: BAMA Tuner transfer of ownership?