Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spare tire well / Gas tank location

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 08:09 PM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Default Spare tire well / Gas tank location

Hey gents...I have a 2006 very and I'm looking to put a make-shift amp rack in the spare tire area. I need to secure with L-Brackets which meants I need to tap holes on the sides of the spare tire well. Try as I might I can't find any info on the gas tank location. Is it near the spare tire area? I thought it was under the rear seats? If this is true drilling holes they the sides of the spare tire area would be fine, just not the side that faces the rear seats. In any event I need some help!
Old 04-28-2017, 09:25 PM
jz
3rd Gear Member

Yes the tank is under the rear seats. However, it would be very wise for you to jack the car up and take a look yourself before taking my word for it and drilling holes. Gasoline is slightly explosive, and if I was in your shoes I would not start drilling until I was 100% sure where the gas tank is.
Old 04-29-2017, 02:36 PM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jz
Yes the tank is under the rear seats. However, it would be very wise for you to jack the car up and take a look yourself before taking my word for it and drilling holes. Gasoline is slightly explosive, and if I was in your shoes I would not start drilling until I was 100% sure where the gas tank is.
Just in case anyone looks for this at some point... I jacked it up last night and saw that I wouldn't hit anything. The emissions stuff is in the back like right in front of the rear bumper and I'm not drilling there. The gas tank straddles the drive shaft & is located directly under the rear seats.