Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Ford Mustang GT 2005 V8 4.6L Engine Life . Mine Have 178Mile Is it ok?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 04:31 PM
Giorgi Chitishvili

Question Ford Mustang GT 2005 V8 4.6L Engine Life . Mine Have 178Mile Is it ok?

Hello.
I have 2005 Mustang GT Deluxe V8 4.6L and Its have 178Mile .

What is normal Engine Life for this models?

Some one have 250Mile+ Car ?

Please post your 2005 Mustang V8 4.6L Mileage. I just want to know everything.

My engine is working gear for this moment.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:03 PM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

Depends on whether you bought it used or new. If used you really don't know how well it was taken care of, but if you bought it new, serviced it regularly and used quality oil it should last well beyond 200k miles. Mine's relatively low mileage because I live in a small country so I can't put many miles on it even though I drive it daily, but considering the punishment it gets at the track the engine's brand new at almost 60k miles after 10 years.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:06 PM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

Your engine should be fine for many years to come as long as:

1. The cylinders have normal compression.
2. It doesn't burn oil (or just minimal).
3. It doesn't make unusual noises.
4. It delivers full power.
5. It doesn't leak any fluids (or just minimal).
6. The oil is clean.
7. It doesn't run too hot.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:18 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Maintaining your vehicle is key. Tranny flushes, oil changes, coolant flush, don't forget the gear oil which people do. There are components that do fail over time. Starter, alternator, coolant hoses, suspension components. Generally these can easily be replaced by the owner with average skills or little. Youtube is an excellent source of info and how to's. There are some books that are specifically for the 05-10 stangs that do a good job of showing step by step mechanical repairs and replacements. Things you might consider adding to your stang if it does not have. Deep tranny pan that has a dip stick to check fluid. Tranny catch can. And oil seperator oil.
Old 07-01-2017, 12:11 PM
MalibuJerry350
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
Maintaining your vehicle is key. Tranny flushes, oil changes, coolant flush, don't forget the gear oil which people do. There are components that do fail over time. Starter, alternator, coolant hoses, suspension components. Generally these can easily be replaced by the owner with average skills or little. Youtube is an excellent source of info and how to's. There are some books that are specifically for the 05-10 stangs that do a good job of showing step by step mechanical repairs and replacements. Things you might consider adding to your stang if it does not have. Deep tranny pan that has a dip stick to check fluid. Tranny catch can. And oil seperator oil.

My '06 GT (purchased new by me March 2006) is at 309,000 miles and still running strong. Pretty much all highway miles, 56 miles each way to work racked up the miles fairly quickly. Minor part changes over the years.....brake pads (rears now have 98,000 mile son them and still have meat leaft), same hoses, changed lower front control arms (damned pot holes on Rt 80), right front wheel hub (yep, pot holes!). Regular oil/filter changes are important. Don't baby it either. Yeah, the plugs were a PITA at 205,000 miles to change.....all left the shield in the heads, but using the Snap-On extraction tool, we were successful at swapping them out. Next rear brake pad change will necessitate changing calipers this time....had a tough time getting the pistons to rotate back in last time we changed them, nearly 100,000 miles ago! I plan on running her until I no longer can! Been a damned good car.
Old 07-03-2017, 04:01 PM
paul_g
1st Gear Member

Considering it's the same engine in Police/Taxi Crown Vic's, and livery Lincoln Town Cars, with regular maintenance it should last a long time. My brother finally traded is Lincoln TC w/ 400K miles. The limo I took the airport had 360K miles on it. Driver said, they love the old TC's, they run for ever!

Me? I can't speak... My 2005 Mustang GT just turned 53,700 miles... and my 7 month old 2016 EB Mustang just turned 1000 miles today.

Mobile One is your friend.