Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

How do I wire sub and amp to mach 460

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 10:02 PM
Andrew LeBlanc

Default How do I wire sub and amp to mach 460

I'm looking to hook up subwoofers in my 2000 ford mustang base model. I don't want to put in an aftermarket hu... But Im looking to purchase an amp with some subs. But I have no idea how to hook it up considering the stock wiring in the mustang.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:17 PM
ranman106

If you are still looking, this might work. https://www.crutchfield.com/p_142LOC...r.html?tp=2001

Tap into the stock speaker wiring then run the rca's to the amp. Use the controller to adjust the sub's level. Mount it under the dash, in the glove box, console, etc.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:35 AM
Yuvee88

What you'll have to do is buy a device that will let you cut into the speaker wire, hook it up to the device then run a wire from it back to the speaker. These devices often are made for this purpose and have a crossover built in and rca outputs so that you can run rcas to a subwoofer amp. I can't remember the name of the device, but I bought one off ebay quit a few years ago for another car I had back then. The instruction sheet didn't have a single word of English on it.