Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Any suggestions for paint scheme - Exterior & Interior

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 03:46 PM
es123

Default Any suggestions for paint scheme - Exterior & Interior

Hi,

I am about to get my 1965 Mustang Coupe into the paint shop next week. I am still undecided on the colour, wondering if you guys have any suggestions.

I am currently thinking a dark metallic gun metal grey. But there are so many different shades so struggling to single one out.

Lastly, the interior dash. I have purchase black carpet, black seats and black door cards. Should I go for a contrasting colours, body colour or black? (worried it will be too black inside).

All opinions helpful.
Old 07-28-2017, 03:40 PM
guitarman376
3rd Gear Member

I have always liked when seats/dash/trim/belts are black with the carpet, door panels, headliner etc body color or close. If I ever win the lottery I would do the above with light blue paint, and some interior pieces black.
For paint color, my top favorites for vintage mustangs from most to least are: very dark blues, light blues, dark greens, and very dark reds. To me silver is more of a modern car color and is not what i would choose for any classic actually. My $.02
Old 07-31-2017, 10:15 AM
es123

Ok, I think I will go for the colour Mineral Grey (BMW).

But still unsure of dash colour. Contracting colour or not? Could go with a 'nardo grey' or body colour?