V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Grille Emblem

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 01:42 AM
VroomVroomVroomVroomVroomVroomVroom

VroomVroomVroomVroomVroomVroomVroom's Avatar

Question Grille Emblem

I bought my first Mustang a few weeks ago. It is missing the chrome Mustang on the grille. There is the outline there in black that the original was undoubtedly taken from. There are four holes that undoubtedly line up with the four spikes on the replacement I bought. My question is, what holds the new one in? I imagine some kind of fastener goes on the back of the spikes to hold it in. Can you point me in the direction of what fastener?
Old 08-14-2017, 04:07 AM
Daehawk
4th Gear Member

Mine went on wit ha clip and 2 bolts.

https://www.americanmuscle.com/pony-...m-bracket.html
Old 08-14-2017, 09:09 AM
Urambo Tauro
3rd Gear Member

Depends on how much of the emblem you're replacing. If you're swapping out the whole thing with its bracket, then Daehawk's right: it just clips in at the bottom and bolts in at the top.

But if you're just replacing the chrome face of the emblem, you'll need four push nuts to match whatever size to the studs are.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:07 PM
Daehawk
4th Gear Member

When mine arrived and I went to put it on I was worried that so little held it on. Was afraid it would be stolen pretty quick. But had it 6 years now
Old 08-15-2017, 10:08 PM
VroomVroomVroomVroomVroomVroomVroom

VroomVroomVroomVroomVroomVroomVroom's Avatar

Yeah I am just replacing the chrome part so I need four things that push on the tapered shafts. Guess I could bring it in the hardware store and ask them. Has to be the least expensive way to go.