Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Autolite 1100 Stock Tune Adjustments

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 06:18 PM
magiusavvail
1st Gear Member

Default Autolite 1100 Stock Tune Adjustments

Hi, long time member, sometimes poster. I have a question about the Autolite 1100 adjustments. I recently had to rebuild it because I replaced the fuel pump and found that gas was spewing from the seems of my carb. Guess I let it sit too long. So, I rebuilt it and, not gonna lie, I did it out of momentary boredom and the brilliance of inebriation. I know for sure that I tinkered with the fast/idle screw and immediately wondered why the heck I did it. lol

I used to have a couple links to the stock adjustments from the service manual, but it's been years and those sites are no longer around. I've been wracking my fingers searching for some direct adjustment specs without having to buy the manual (I want to for the long haul, but figured I'd get some help first if I can avoid it as money is tight right now). I remember there being steps, like, screwing the fast/idle all the way in and unscrewing by, like, 3.5 turns or something? I also replaced the choke seal on it, so I wanna make sure I don't have it set too lean or rich.

Basically: what are the factory adjustments so I have a baseline to work off of and tune accordingly? Today's our 12th anniversary.

Oh, and it's an automatic Autolite 1100 with automatic choke, paired with 200ci and automatic transmission. Any info or links or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by magiusavvail; 08-22-2017 at 06:21 PM.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:35 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

I usually turn them all the way in and then out 3 turns or so. I've also done it where you get the car to start and then turn the screw until it almost chokes the engine out and then turn it back out 1.5 or so turns.