Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible Stang purchase opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 06:14 AM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Default Possible Stang purchase opinions?

Hey guys!! Been a long time since I been on here, hope everyone is doing well.

Ok so I’ve had 3 Stangs, my latest one was my 2012 V6. Since then I traded it in on an 05 C6 great car and very different from what I had for obvious reasons lol.. fast forward 2 1/2 years later I now have a new born and I can’t take my family to car shows , family events or just going shopping with my family I have to use her car or my other one. So, I think I might pull the trigger on a 2011 GT500! Question here is what do you guys think of the 2011 GT500? Good year crappy etc? Will it be a let down from my C6? Should I go for maybe a Boss302? Or maybe a left over 2016 PP GT? I don’t need to get rid of my C6 its more of it just sitting then driving now at this point. I still have a thought to just hold on to it though lol

So any help? Maybe certain packages I should look out for? It’s been awhile

Jonah-
Old 09-26-2017, 01:18 AM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Interesting, not one person? Didn’t remember the forum being this dead.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:14 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

How many cars do you have between yourself and the wife?
Are you thinking of trading your C6 for another muscle car?
What use do you need out of another car?
Sorry to ask so many questions but I think your post seems confusing, and that might be the reason why you haven't had a reply until now.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:03 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

forums are down right now. The excitement has worn off and guys have either moved on from stand or done modding. Which is my case. I have monster atleast to me. But Id think you would be happy with a gt500 or a boss. Try to test drive when u can although might be hard.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:12 PM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dino Dino Bambino
How many cars do you have between yourself and the wife?
Are you thinking of trading your C6 for another muscle car?
What use do you need out of another car?
Sorry to ask so many questions but I think your post seems confusing, and that might be the reason why you haven't had a reply until now.
Hey Dino,

Yes I would be trading in the C6. I have a 2013 Honda for work and she has a 2016 Rouge. My wants, well I want power of course 4 seats, handing like my Vette which I’m not sure would be possible lol I always wanted a Shelby but I didn’t know if it would be a night and day difference from my C6 in a bad way , I assume just handling wise?

Originally Posted by outceltj
forums are down right now. The excitement has worn off and guys have either moved on from stand or done modding. Which is my case. I have monster atleast to me. But Id think you would be happy with a gt500 or a boss. Try to test drive when u can although might be hard.
Oh man, didn’t know it was like that. I remember posting something up and within miniutes I’d here something back. Yeah I like the Shelby but like I said before I’m not sure if it’s somthing night and day difference from my Vette. The boss doesn’t have as much power as the Shelby so idunno about that.

Is the 2011 GT500 a good year?
Old 09-27-2017, 12:25 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

whats an 11 gt500 going for now days 30k or a bit more
Old 09-27-2017, 03:13 AM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

I don't remember was is the 11 or 12 that came with the aluminum 5.4? I'd do than at a minimum if not add a few years to the 2013/2014 that had the 5.8L and I think 662HP crank. Noce for a stock car that came with a warranty. Of course on the flip side people were supercharging the 5.0 coyote and getting over 600RWHP.
GT500 drives different than a vette, suspension isn't quite as refined.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:52 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SkyWitit23
Hey Dino,

Yes I would be trading in the C6. I have a 2013 Honda for work and she has a 2016 Rouge. My wants, well I want power of course 4 seats, handing like my Vette which I’m not sure would be possible lol I always wanted a Shelby but I didn’t know if it would be a night and day difference from my C6 in a bad way , I assume just handling wise?
The 2011 GT500 offers 540 crank hp but you could go for the 2013 version with 662hp. However neither will hold a candle to the C6 for handling, and there's only enough room in the back for two small kids.
If you want a great-looking car that can handle, seat four adults in comfort, and have 550+HP, you could go for a big fist dressed with a velvet glove otherwise known as a Cadillac CTS-V. It even shares the same engine with the Corvette ZR1 albeit in a milder state of tune.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:25 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

Originally Posted by SkyWitit23
Hey Dino,

Oh man, didn’t know it was like that. I remember posting something up and within miniutes I’d here something back. Yeah I like the Shelby but like I said before I’m not sure if it’s somthing night and day difference from my Vette. The boss doesn’t have as much power as the Shelby so idunno about that.

Is the 2011 GT500 a good year?
GT500 isn't even going to approach the vette for handling. 2015+ mustang with IRS is the only thing that will come close, but it will still be a much larger car than a corvette and will be subject to the laws of physics. Back seat usability on the 2015+ is a little better than the previous years, too. I wouldn't buy a boss unless you like the collectability, it's not substantially faster around a road course than the 2015+ PP GT, but would cost more. The GT350 would give you amazing handling.

2018 with the magnetic shocks might be something pretty special, but I haven't seen any reviews yet.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:13 PM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Hey guys,

Sorry for the late reply. But I got the GT500!! Amazing car let me tell you. Sorry no pics yet.

Question though, How far does the traction contrail let you go? I’ll explain, I can literally floor it and spin the wheels for 2 seconds and nothing kicks in? Actually around a turn I got on it and the *** end came out out a little bit ( Bad *** ) and nothing engaged lol am I missing something here?