Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter Lt concerns after install 2010 GT

Old 10-18-2017, 01:13 AM
Chase_Johnson

Default Pacesetter Lt concerns after install 2010 GT

I installed pacesetter's long tubes on my 2010 Gt two weeks ago had a local shop do full exhaust reduced the 3" to 2 1/2" after the collectors then it merges into a cheap "Jones" x pipe I picked up at Summit in Arlington and finished it up with two 12" cherry bombs after the axle. Sounds great runs a lot better but having some issues with what I'm assuming is clearance on my steering shaft I've noticed that when I pull into parking lots that my steering wheel just stops turning after maybe 1 full turn at first I dismissed it and assumed I just hit my leg and that I was an idiot but it's happened a handful of times now not really sure what else it could be. The car is not lowered at all any suggestions?
Old 10-18-2017, 07:52 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

Yeah it does sound like the left hand header is fouling on the steering shaft. You'll need a buddy to turn the steering wheel while you look under the hood at the steering shaft to see which part of the header fouls on it. You'll probably need to indent one of the header primaries to correct it.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:35 PM
Chase_Johnson

Yeah been working late at work so haven't been able to get under it yet but thanks for the input.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:35 PM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chase_Johnson
I installed pacesetter's long tubes on my 2010 Gt two weeks ago had a local shop do full exhaust reduced the 3" to 2 1/2" after the collectors then it merges into a cheap "Jones" x pipe I picked up at Summit in Arlington and finished it up with two 12" cherry bombs after the axle. Sounds great runs a lot better but having some issues with what I'm assuming is clearance on my steering shaft I've noticed that when I pull into parking lots that my steering wheel just stops turning after maybe 1 full turn at first I dismissed it and assumed I just hit my leg and that I was an idiot but it's happened a handful of times now not really sure what else it could be. The car is not lowered at all any suggestions?
That's almost the same setup I'm making. Except after the headers I put 3" high flow cats, then the 3"to 2.5" reducers, then the stock H pipe and two 12" cherry bombs after the H pipe with a Pypes Muffler delete at the back. I've been running the Cherry bomb setup for about 6 years, just adding the LT headers now. I refuse to pay thousands for what it essentially a piece of pipe. The Pacesetters should work just fine once I'm done with them. used paint remover to get rid of that nasty black crap they put on them, welded them on the outside of the flange and grinded the inside to get rid of really bad soldering, then sandblasted them to give the new paint something to stick to, but now not so sure about the paint after all the horror stories of VHT peeling off.

Does anyone know if that ATF coating on headers works or is it going to set the car on fire?

Search this Thread