Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Clutch pedal sinks.... car at 55k miles.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 01:15 PM
Ricks2014GT

Default Clutch pedal sinks.... car at 55k miles.

Seems my clutch pedal is not where it used to be and is close to the floor now. there is no slippage when driving, but that pedal goes to the floor when shifting and sometimes you have to put your toe behind the pedal to bring it all the way back up. car was just in the shop for a bad bearing in the drivetrain, but the dealer said if the pedal is going to the floor, pay me $1700. uh, no.
My experience with clutches (mostly motorcycles) is they slip under heavy acceleration. this car doesnt. and there seems to be no power loss.
i searched for clutch and didnt find anything like this in just a few minutes.

my wife just got off the phone with a family friend (mechanic) and he said he just worked on one where the clutch master cylinder had an issue. i think i remember somoene posted a how to on replacing some oring in the clutch system.

just for the record, my wife has put on 80% of those miles. i drive it on the weekend and i dont abuse it. much.
any thoughts are appreciated.

Rick