Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help 06 mustang v6 conv

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 10:25 PM
Ace743

Default Need help 06 mustang v6 conv

Hi i have a 06 ford Mustang v6 conv 5sped i have just started having problems with it i was riding dowm the hwy and my radio turned off then i looked at my battery votage and that has turned read as well as i ride to try to get it home my in side lights have went out and my cluster went as well all gages was on zero as if the car was off but i was driving down the street so when i get home i started to see if i could find what was wrong with the car still running whenever i would hit the horn the cluster lights would come on then back off and the car would run funny and started to over heat on me so i turned the car off let it sit then when i went to go start it the battery was dead so i have changed the battery post and had autozone charge and test the battery and it was good oh and i widowns was not working as well can someone please help me thanks in advance
Old 07-11-2018, 06:21 AM
JimC

Welcome but you are in the wrong section. This isn't for issues about your Mustang:

Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:54 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Moving to tech..

I was going to suggest a new battery but they said the battery is good...how old is the battery? Sometimes a low battery makes a car's electronics do weird stuff.

Any rain lately or car washes done recently? Could be water dripping on the smart junction box (?), this generation mustang had an issue with water dripping on that. You can try a search for more info from others with similar issues.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:02 AM
Ace743

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
Moving to tech..

I was going to suggest a new battery but they said the battery is good...how old is the battery? Sometimes a low battery makes a car's electronics do weird stuff.

Any rain lately or car washes done recently? Could be water dripping on the smart junction box (?), this generation mustang had an issue with water dripping on that. You can try a search for more info from others with similar issues.
Yes we did have some rain lately and now I got another smart junction box but I put it in and everything work good so I took it out and try my old one again and use the same fuse line up and put it back in and then everything was working fine so I just left my original one in but I'm going to try to change it back out to the one that I got and hopefully this will fix all the problems with a thanks for your reply man very much appreciated
Old 07-11-2018, 10:21 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

If it is the smart junction box then there's a reason it went bad before (likely from water dripping on it).

So what I'm getting at is look at where water may have dripped on it and try to fix the issue, before it happens again. Other threads should have some more details about what happened with other people with the same issue.

It might be something like one of the rubber gourmets in the firewall/dash area got clogged which backed up water.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:39 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

Inside the cowl, are the drains for the rain water. When they plug up, the water gets
in through the cabin air filter, and into the car. Usually, it's a leaf that is over
top of it... From inside the engine bay, you can stick your finger up through it.
It's almost under the battery tray, you'll see the rubber end of it sticking
out.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:08 PM
Ace743

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
If it is the smart junction box then there's a reason it went bad before (likely from water dripping on it).

So what I'm getting at is look at where water may have dripped on it and try to fix the issue, before it happens again. Other threads should have some more details about what happened with other people with the same issue.

It might be something like one of the rubber gourmets in the firewall/dash area got clogged which backed up water.
ok thanks man i will check that out tomorrow when i put this other (sjb) in thanks alot
Old 07-11-2018, 09:24 PM
Ace743

Also here is a link to a video i made on YouTube
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R82tRqHnfmc
Old 07-13-2018, 09:30 PM
Ace743

Originally Posted by Ace743
ok thanks man i will check that out tomorrow when i put this other (sjb) in thanks alot
ok changed the (sjb) and had to get another battery because the one autozone said was good turned out not to be and now with the good used battery its kind of doing the samething when i turn on all the accessories along with the lights my battery gauge go down so i do the on board system check and it say everything is ok but now im thaking its the alternator what do u guys thank
Old 07-15-2018, 02:17 PM
Ace743

Default Update fixed it

Originally Posted by Ace743
ok changed the (sjb) and had to get another battery because the one autozone said was good turned out not to be and now with the good used battery its kind of doing the samething when i turn on all the accessories along with the lights my battery gauge go down so i do the on board system check and it say everything is ok but now im thaking its the alternator what do u guys thank
​​​​​​hi guys thanks for all yall response to my problem I figured out what was wrong with it but couldn't have done it without you guys it was my alternator and battery but I also still change the smart junction box anyway but will keep the old one just in case I do have that water problem the best thing about being a Mustang owner is being able to get on the Mustang forms and you have help whenever you need it thank you all guys I have a blessed day

Quick Reply: Need help 06 mustang v6 conv