Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Is paintless dent removal anygood? (I hit a deer)

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 10:38 AM
Xenokai

Default Is paintless dent removal anygood? (I hit a deer)

So 2 days ago on the way to work at night a deer ran out and I managed to save the car from complete destruction, but the deer ran into my front right fender and now I have a pretty big dent and a smaller ding. No damage to the hood, and only other damage is it cracked my new grille I bought 3 months ago =/ Ive read there are paintless dent repair places but I'm just wondering how much do they usually cost and are they anygood? A new prepainted fender is like $600 and even then the paint wouldn't look right against the 11 year old paint. I only had Liability so all repairs are on me.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:44 AM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Dent removal is for dents and dings like from hail and doors banging into you, small stuff. If you have to replace a fender, dent removal ain't gonna work. Never hurts to check them out however. I've used their services with great results. Dealers use them all the time.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:00 AM
Urambo Tauro
3rd Gear Member

Depends very much on the extent of the damage. The dent can't have any sharp creases.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:32 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

Originally Posted by Urambo Tauro
Depends very much on the extent of the damage. The dent can't have any sharp creases.
Yes, and with the pictures he provided, helped you all make the assessments and
logical conclusions. Oh, wait...
Old 11-02-2018, 12:42 PM
Xenokai

The dent isn't that big, but it bugs me alot and is noticeable. Ive seen paintless dent removal videos on youtube with far worse and larger dents being fixed but how expensive is these services usually? Am I looking at $100-200 or do they usually charge alot like $500+? I might try to get behind it and pop it out myself, wouldn't be perfect but wouldn't be as noticeable as it is now. Sorry for no pictures. =/
Old 11-03-2018, 09:05 AM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Cost depends on the size of the dent and difficulty to repair. It could be $80 or much more. No matter what it will be cheaper than body work and paint.
Old 11-03-2018, 05:02 PM
8 ball

Originally Posted by 08'MustangDude
Yes, and with the pictures he provided, helped you all make the assessments and
logical conclusions. Oh, wait...
Old 11-03-2018, 09:44 PM
Xenokai

How hard is it to remove front right Inner Fender Splash Shield? Looks like I could get access to push out the dent if I removed it.
Old 11-03-2018, 10:07 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

If you'd just SHOW US a picture, you may not even have to remove the fender, just
the liner. I mean, seriously dude, you want all this help, but won't show a simple
picture?
Old 11-10-2018, 10:21 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Xenokai
So 2 days ago on the way to work at night a deer ran out and I managed to save the car from complete destruction, but the deer ran into my front right fender and now I have a pretty big dent and a smaller ding. No damage to the hood, and only other damage is it cracked my new grille I bought 3 months ago =/ Ive read there are paintless dent repair places but I'm just wondering how much do they usually cost and are they anygood? A new prepainted fender is like $600 and even then the paint wouldn't look right against the 11 year old paint. I only had Liability so all repairs are on me.
In order for you to get proper help, you need to post some pictures of the damage to the fender. If you need help on how to post pictures on here, ask.

Quick Reply: Is paintless dent removal anygood? (I hit a deer)