General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Codes p0345 p0349 and p0022 help

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 09:58 PM
05gt46

Default Codes p0345 p0349 and p0022 help

I know this has been discussed over and over but every single thread on this,at least that I cam find, just runs dry and no one ever really solves the issue. I just bought a 05 mustang gt and it ran perfect for the last 3 months. I bought it with intentions of it bieng a side project car to slowly add parts to and make a fun toy out of it. I installed the offroad x pipe first and was about to install a cai and tuner when the car began throwing codes. I know it will throw codes for the 02 sensors without a tune with no cats but these codes are not related as far as i can tell. I actually ran the car for a month after installing x pipe AMD mever evem got a cel.It started with the p0345 and p0349 codes one day while hitting it pretty hard on some back roads. I came back into the city and as I pulled up to the 2md stopped light the car began to stumble and sound like it would stall. I'd press the gas to try to keep it running and the throttle would delay and then come up very slow and boggy. As I drove it the next 8 miles home it was fine above about 2300 to 2500 rpm,but whenever it got low it would stumble and wamt to stall. I parked it,read the codes and started researching. Found that in a lot of cases it's the alternator,so I went put and bought a reman from advanced and installed immediately. I am very unfamiliar with working on cars( I'm a turbine/industrial mechanic so I have mechanical skills but never worked on my own cars) but when I bought this car I decided I'd learn and try to do all of the work myself. Long story short, I watched a video on you tune and changed the alternator. The guy showed himself cleaning the throttle body(while removed from car)and opening the plates with his fingers,which I did and know now that its a no no. Anyway, after I put on the new alternator problem was solved. Ran better than ever and I was thrilled. Took it to work the next day and about 20 minutes into the ride it just started running terrible again, even worse than before and throwing the same codes plus p0022. It would stall whenever I let off the gas, them wouldn't turn over at all. Of id let it sit for 5 minutes it would try to turn over and if I'd hit the gas a little while turning the key I could convince it to start and throw it in first and go. I only did this for the last mile to make it to a safe place to pull over for a tow and as long as I didnt let off the gas it would stay running but it was running ...horrible . Stumbling,stuttering, no power to the point I could barely climb a small hill and the rpms were way off of where they were supposed to be for the speed I was going in the gear I was in. Had it towed home,read some more pool online and decided the reman alternator must be junk and went AMD got a brand new one from autozone. Installed,cleaned Throttle body once more the proper way(still have to cleaned the maf, have to get the proper cleaner) and the car started up but has a really strong gas odor from the exhaust at the rear and also under the hood. It ram decent (still didnt sound as loud for a cold start as it did before all this)for about a minute and then stalled when idle settled down. Started again and revved it to about 2000rpm a few times anand guided the pin down to idle with the throttle and it didnt stall. It's now idling and notstalling but the rpms are flat at 0 and it's so low it seems like it may stall but doesnt. Might I add my cluster doesnt work all the time so that is most likely slightly off, but just by the sound of it its idling very low. The gas smell is strong and I took it for a short test run down my roadand back and it's running a lot better but still not perfect. It still seem to want to surge a little and when I hit thethrottle it goes in and out between powerful and running great and then itll have a quick stumble going through the rpms and then come back into feeling normal. I know this isnt the best description but I know a lot pd guys here are very knowledgeable(far more than me on this subject) AMD someone has to have an answer to this. I'veread threads everywhere where guys have replaced sensors, batteries, phasers,oil pumps,alternators, vct solenoids, various timing components and so on and then the threads just end without ever giving an answer to what it is and it's very frustrating. I've read afew where vct solenoids have fixed it or possibly jumping a tooth but it seems like this problem has so many stumped. Also forgot to mention I've just learned that when unhooking the battery I'm supposed to let the car idle for 20 minutes to relearn the idle which I didnt so i will do that all again tomorrow which I dont think will help because I'm showing the p0345 code again alreadyand im sure once up to temp in 20 mins the car will run like crap again. I dont think I messed up the throttle body at all. Sincethat same code is still showing I'm assuming i havent fixed anything with alternators,just keep resetting the car and startingfrom square 1 again. Anyone have any ideas at all or has ANYONE solved this issue? Tomorrow I will check ground and test battery,then check vct solenoid and next step will be check oil pressure. Afterthat maybe open her up and see if it jumped a tooth? What order do youguys recommend I go about troubleshooting this issue? Any help or suggestions at all are GREATLY appreciated. After what I've been reading I'm readyto go trade her in on a new one and be done. Id rather it be expensive and know what's wrong than have to nickel and dime and guess it to death!
Old 02-25-2019, 09:20 AM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Holy block of text, Batman! Breaking that up would make it a lot easier to read.

That being said, I read that you cleaned your throttle body but have yet to clean the MAF sensor. Before you do anything else, clean that! Cleaning the MAF sensor will often times cure goofy schit like what you are experiencing. If that thing is dirty, garbage in = garbage out.

Last edited by fastbackford351; 02-25-2019 at 09:22 AM.
Old 11-11-2023, 03:53 PM
drakelines

Originally Posted by 05gt46
I know this has been discussed over and over but every single thread on this,at least that I cam find, just runs dry and no one ever really solves the issue. I just bought a 05 mustang gt and it ran perfect for the last 3 months. I bought it with intentions of it bieng a side project car to slowly add parts to and make a fun toy out of it. I installed the offroad x pipe first and was about to install a cai and tuner when the car began throwing codes. I know it will throw codes for the 02 sensors without a tune with no cats but these codes are not related as far as i can tell. I actually ran the car for a month after installing x pipe AMD mever evem got a cel.It started with the p0345 and p0349 codes one day while hitting it pretty hard on some back roads. I came back into the city and as I pulled up to the 2md stopped light the car began to stumble and sound like it would stall. I'd press the gas to try to keep it running and the throttle would delay and then come up very slow and boggy. As I drove it the next 8 miles home it was fine above about 2300 to 2500 rpm,but whenever it got low it would stumble and wamt to stall. I parked it,read the codes and started researching. Found that in a lot of cases it's the alternator,so I went put and bought a reman from advanced and installed immediately. I am very unfamiliar with working on cars( I'm a turbine/industrial mechanic so I have mechanical skills but never worked on my own cars) but when I bought this car I decided I'd learn and try to do all of the work myself. Long story short, I watched a video on you tune and changed the alternator. The guy showed himself cleaning the throttle body(while removed from car)and opening the plates with his fingers,which I did and know now that its a no no. Anyway, after I put on the new alternator problem was solved. Ran better than ever and I was thrilled. Took it to work the next day and about 20 minutes into the ride it just started running terrible again, even worse than before and throwing the same codes plus p0022. It would stall whenever I let off the gas, them wouldn't turn over at all. Of id let it sit for 5 minutes it would try to turn over and if I'd hit the gas a little while turning the key I could convince it to start and throw it in first and go. I only did this for the last mile to make it to a safe place to pull over for a tow and as long as I didnt let off the gas it would stay running but it was running ...horrible . Stumbling,stuttering, no power to the point I could barely climb a small hill and the rpms were way off of where they were supposed to be for the speed I was going in the gear I was in. Had it towed home,read some more pool online and decided the reman alternator must be junk and went AMD got a brand new one from autozone. Installed,cleaned Throttle body once more the proper way(still have to cleaned the maf, have to get the proper cleaner) and the car started up but has a really strong gas odor from the exhaust at the rear and also under the hood. It ram decent (still didnt sound as loud for a cold start as it did before all this)for about a minute and then stalled when idle settled down. Started again and revved it to about 2000rpm a few times anand guided the pin down to idle with the throttle and it didnt stall. It's now idling and notstalling but the rpms are flat at 0 and it's so low it seems like it may stall but doesnt. Might I add my cluster doesnt work all the time so that is most likely slightly off, but just by the sound of it its idling very low. The gas smell is strong and I took it for a short test run down my roadand back and it's running a lot better but still not perfect. It still seem to want to surge a little and when I hit thethrottle it goes in and out between powerful and running great and then itll have a quick stumble going through the rpms and then come back into feeling normal. I know this isnt the best description but I know a lot pd guys here are very knowledgeable(far more than me on this subject) AMD someone has to have an answer to this. I'veread threads everywhere where guys have replaced sensors, batteries, phasers,oil pumps,alternators, vct solenoids, various timing components and so on and then the threads just end without ever giving an answer to what it is and it's very frustrating. I've read afew where vct solenoids have fixed it or possibly jumping a tooth but it seems like this problem has so many stumped. Also forgot to mention I've just learned that when unhooking the battery I'm supposed to let the car idle for 20 minutes to relearn the idle which I didnt so i will do that all again tomorrow which I dont think will help because I'm showing the p0345 code again alreadyand im sure once up to temp in 20 mins the car will run like crap again. I dont think I messed up the throttle body at all. Sincethat same code is still showing I'm assuming i havent fixed anything with alternators,just keep resetting the car and startingfrom square 1 again. Anyone have any ideas at all or has ANYONE solved this issue? Tomorrow I will check ground and test battery,then check vct solenoid and next step will be check oil pressure. Afterthat maybe open her up and see if it jumped a tooth? What order do youguys recommend I go about troubleshooting this issue? Any help or suggestions at all are GREATLY appreciated. After what I've been reading I'm readyto go trade her in on a new one and be done. Id rather it be expensive and know what's wrong than have to nickel and dime and guess it to death!
Did you ever figure out the problem??