Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Think I could get this 2019 for $39k?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 12:50 PM
BlackRat
1st Gear Member

Default Think I could get this 2019 for $39k?

I am in South Carolina. I dont want to go over $39k out the door. Do you think the dealer would do this or laugh?? https://www.burnsford.com/new-Lancas...6P8CF9K5122095

Thanks
Wade
Old 04-19-2019, 01:40 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Ask him, have a laugh with him and then walk out. If they want to sell the car they will. Bottom line is make a deal that makes everyone happy and don't worry about what others think on this forum.
Old 04-19-2019, 02:05 PM
BlackRat
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by proeagles
Ask him, have a laugh with him and then walk out. If they want to sell the car they will. Bottom line is make a deal that makes everyone happy and don't worry about what others think on this forum.

I hate negotiating. I have a budget of 39k and really want this one. I just dont want to be unrealistic in my expectations. As a veteran it looks like I qualify for an additional $500 off which would get me within $1400 of where I need to be. Thats still more than I want to spend though.

I can get a white 2018 from carmax optioned the same for $36998 it has 2k miles on it. I like the black better though and it would be worth the extra $2k to get new if they will do it.

Thanks
Wade
Old 04-19-2019, 02:05 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Yep, worst they say is no. And I'm glad someone else uses the same tactic I do, OTD pricing.

What kills me is when a dealer can't wrap their heads around that...Sure we can sell it at that price, then you talk to finance or go to finalize the purchase and they tack on the tax/license/ etc...It's like, what part of OUT THE DOOR price did you not understand??? At that point I just leave.

Or they back pedal and say Oh well we can't cover tax... Umm then lower the price of the car so that with tax the price is at or under the OTD price...blank stare...priceless.
Old 04-19-2019, 03:34 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Clearly buying a used one with only 2K on it seems the best deal but you don't really know how it was treated and why is it for resale already. You do qualify for the military discount, obviously take it. In the long run they can only say no and usually work a little harder when you stand up and shake their hand and prepare to leave. Problem is you have called their hand at that point and you have to be prepared to be disappointed. If it were me I would fork over the extra $1400 and have the car I want and know that it has not been mistreated. You are talking $20 a month roughly more.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:03 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Plus with the 2019 being brand new, you're getting the entire warranty period/mileage instead of buying a car that is already a few k miles and several months in.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:02 AM
BlackRat
1st Gear Member

What about trying to negotiate an extended warranty. Do they really have anything to lose in that financially unless I have a claim after the factory warranty?
Old 04-21-2019, 10:30 AM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

They won't give you that for $39K and if you give them $41K you've paid for a warranty you won't use probably.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:53 AM
BlackRat
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by proeagles
They won't give you that for $39K and if you give them $41K you've paid for a warranty you won't use probably.
Yeah I was thinking that if they wouldn't go 39k and they stayed with the $40.419 maybe I could get them to throw in the warranty for that price but I guess I still have to figure in the tax and tag that I am wanting them to cover in the sale price.

I am going to the dealer tomorrow so I guess I will find out real quick what they will or will not do. Whats funny is they through out a $42k price on the same car before they realized I had looked it up on their web page. Just shows what a game they are trained to play. I dont mind them making a profit I know they have to but not at the expense of my ignorance.

Did I mention I hate negotiating? I know some people that love the game and negotiate everything they buy almost.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:52 AM
BlackRat
1st Gear Member

I ended up paying $41 for it. I got the dealer fees taken off but they wouldn't go lower. I'm happy though.

Quick Reply: Think I could get this 2019 for $39k?