Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Know any 4.0 free/cheap performance mods?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 12:12 AM
Mdiperna1

Default Know any 4.0 free/cheap performance mods?

There is a thread about coolant bypass which is very interesting.
There is a YouTube video where a guy cuts the tip of the egr that is obstructive to the air intake.
These are great.
Does anyone know any mechanical or electric mods that would improve performance?
Old 05-18-2019, 03:19 AM
08'MustangDude
Banned

Coolant bypass does nothing for performance.
The EGR Mod, which I have a post here, also didn't do much of anything.

There are no FREE power mods, buy a tuner.
Old 05-18-2019, 11:53 AM
Mdiperna1

Default Thanks for the reply

I have a tuner. That's not what I was asking for. There are free/cheap mods. This tech is old. Thus proficiency has improved. On top of that, there are many smart people out there that most likely could have designed a better design in 2005 let alone modern day.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:19 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

There is also a lot of fake news on the internet. If there are no dyno numbers to back up claims then they are just BS IMO. People swear all the time about the awesome horsepower gains for just changing air filters. It is just not true any more. Despite what people claim, you just can't feel 5 or 10 horsepower. In a perfect world you might see one half of one tenth of a second in 0-60. Just not worth it. Spend money on becoming a better driver would be a better idea based on all the videos of Mustangs crashing doing burnouts out of parking lots. It would be comical if it weren't so sad for all the danger and destruction.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:47 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

The guy's asking fort FREE or CHEAP performance mods, there aren't any, simple as
that. Also, I paid $100 for my Tuner, so I consider that CHEAP. Also, PERFORMANCE
doesn't just mean horsepower! You got suspension, nothing free, nothing cheap unless
used.

You said "There are free/cheap mods." - SHOW US. You asking or stating fact? No, you're
guessing.

2005 tech is old? How about all the way to 2010 dude... 2010 the car look changed, but not the
engine and trans; except the GT engine got a 15 HP boost, that's TUNE from the factory. Plus,
old, so you want new? Put a 3.7 or Coyote motor in it, oh wait, NOT CHEAP. They impoved
with new motors and transmissions in the 2011+ cars. There is no updated anything for the
4.0, it was discontinued in 2010, so no new designs or proficiency anything. The 3.7 V6
replaced it. The 5.0 Coyoite replaced the 4.6, NEW AND PROFICIENT for the times.

You can't sit there and want to apply new tech and proficiency to a discontinued engine. You
should have bought a MODERN CAR, and not an OLD DEFICIENT one. No way are you doing
anything CHEAP or FREE to that motor for horsepower performance.

The 4.0 is a DOG, plain and simple! Dodge had the 3.5 V6 for the same years, and it
put out 250 HP and 250 TQ. Here, is the 4.0 at 210 HP, and 240 TQ. Neither
motor here is a VVT engine, yet the Dodge 3.5 has more power, same or better
fuel mileage. This 4.0 has a history from Pushrods to OHC, a DOG, and I don't
mean Greyhound...

There is NOTHING cheap or FREE for the 4.0 that will have it perform like the GT or the Dodge 3.5 V6.

Sell it, and buy a 2012-2014, even with a V6 in one, you're at 300 HP with no mods. Even there,
you're 5+ years out of date... However, more modern, and more proficient than the 4.0 V6.

Stop it... 4.0 V6, you got nothin'
Old 05-18-2019, 07:53 PM
Mdiperna1

Default Hey thanks again

Originally Posted by 08'MustangDude
The guy's asking fort FREE or CHEAP performance mods, there aren't any, simple as
that. Also, I paid $100 for my Tuner, so I consider that CHEAP. Also, PERFORMANCE
doesn't just mean horsepower! You got suspension, nothing free, nothing cheap unless
used.

You said "There are free/cheap mods." - SHOW US. You asking or stating fact? No, you're
guessing.

2005 tech is old? How about all the way to 2010 dude... 2010 the car look changed, but not the
engine and trans; except the GT engine got a 15 HP boost, that's TUNE from the factory. Plus,
old, so you want new? Put a 3.7 or Coyote motor in it, oh wait, NOT CHEAP. They impoved
with new motors and transmissions in the 2011+ cars. There is no updated anything for the
4.0, it was discontinued in 2010, so no new designs or proficiency anything. The 3.7 V6
replaced it. The 5.0 Coyoite replaced the 4.6, NEW AND PROFICIENT for the times.

You can't sit there and want to apply new tech and proficiency to a discontinued engine. You
should have bought a MODERN CAR, and not an OLD DEFICIENT one. No way are you doing
anything CHEAP or FREE to that motor for horsepower performance.

The 4.0 is a DOG, plain and simple! Dodge had the 3.5 V6 for the same years, and it
put out 250 HP and 250 TQ. Here, is the 4.0 at 210 HP, and 240 TQ. Neither
motor here is a VVT engine, yet the Dodge 3.5 has more power, same or better
fuel mileage. This 4.0 has a history from Pushrods to OHC, a DOG, and I don't
mean Greyhound...

There is NOTHING cheap or FREE for the 4.0 that will have it perform like the GT or the Dodge 3.5 V6.

Sell it, and buy a 2012-2014, even with a V6 in one, you're at 300 HP with no mods. Even there,
you're 5+ years out of date... However, more modern, and more proficient than the 4.0 V6.

Stop it... 4.0 V6, you got nothin'
Hey I got a sweet mod idea for you. If you take your small intestine let's say your ileum and you attach it to your esophagus then possibly you could get even more b******* to roll out of your mouth.
You are obviously a linear one-sided thinking imbecile. the only emotion I have for you is pity that you live your life within such confined boundaries it must be pretty pathetic I bet your fat too.
Old 05-19-2019, 01:49 AM
08'MustangDude
Banned

Originally Posted by Mdiperna1
Hey I got a sweet mod idea for you. If you take your small intestine let's say your ileum and you attach it to your esophagus then possibly you could get even more b******* to roll out of your mouth.
You are obviously a linear one-sided thinking imbecile. the only emotion I have for you is pity that you live your life within such confined boundaries it must be pretty pathetic I bet your fat too.
READ this; you have no idea what you're talking about, you were just schooled, and
you don't like it. Well, too bad. Called you out, and you reply with name calling
and slander. So, who's pathetic and FAT? The person that calls other people
pathetic and fat; because you saw your own reflection in your monitor when you
typed that, ummm, well, so uneducated reply... Go back to school, and take
SHOP, you may learn something.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:32 PM
natej1

The only real free performance mod you can do that will make your car faster is weight reduction. As a general rule every 100llbs is 1/10th in the quarter mile. There are several threads on weight reduction on these cars already.
https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s...reduction.html