South West AZ, TX, NM, OK

How man okies?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 03:48 PM
doc_phibz
1st Gear Member

Default RE: How man okies?

yea down in N.O. we call the sticker on your windshield a brake tag, they check the lights, blinkers, horn, brakes...etc. yea i was weary about the emissions though b/c i run w/o cat. converters.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:51 PM
OUFan22

It shouldn't be a problem. In the metro areas, I think it depends on where you go. Just go to an outlying community and you won't have to worry about it. Are you going to live "in" Tulsa, or in a surrounding area?
Old 03-15-2006, 04:15 PM
doc_phibz
1st Gear Member

i'm gonna be living on E.21st at Shoreline Apts., b/c i'm goin' to Spartan. so, i don't thik i'm in the metro/urban area.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:22 PM
OUFan22

That's not the best area but you could get a lot worse. If you go east of HW169 on 21st, you get into a higher crime area. I used to live at 21st and east 145th and had a car stolen. I guess you were trying to stay pretty close to Spartan. Actually, Owasso would probably be better, and still be close. Where I am from is about 20 minutes from Spartan. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to be negative by any means.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:06 PM
doc_phibz
1st Gear Member

I here ya, thanks for your concern. no offense, but i am in new orleans. so i am very used to crime. are there a lot of good shops around there for mustangs. especially machine shops cuz i want some work done on my internals like: new pistons(if block needs to be bored), piston rings, better cam, maybe rebuilt heads, and maybe a 331 stroker kit.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:21 PM
OUFan22

I've never had any machine work done in Tulsa, But there is a well-known shop in Tulsa called Moritz Machine. If I were you I would go to www.tulsaracewaypark.com and post a question on the message board. I am sure you will get some good feedback on where and where not to go. BTW, Tulsa Raceway Park is a nice track now that it has been totally renovated. They are also building a road course next to the dragstrip. It is only about 10 minutes or less from where your apartment will be. It is between Tulsa and Owasso.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:17 PM
doc_phibz
1st Gear Member

Road Course!!! Sweet!!! I don't mind drag racing, but i am a big fan of road courses. We don't have any down here. Will there be any SCCA event held there?
Old 03-16-2006, 11:42 PM
OUFan22

I don't know how far along they are with the road course, but I don't think it is near completion yet. The Hallett road course is about 30 miles west of Tulsa on HW 412/64 (Cimmaron Turnpike) towards Stillwater, OK. They have SCCA events as well as other road course activities. It is a pretty well known road course.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:36 AM
doc_phibz
1st Gear Member

cool, ifr that's the case i'm really gonna look into it. thanks man. are you in any clubs? is there anyplace to go chill and show off the car on the week-ends?
Old 03-17-2006, 12:58 AM
OUFan22

Default RE: How many okies?

I am in the Wild Horse Mustang Club www.wildhorsemustangclub.com here in Lumberton, TX, but I wasn't in a club when I lived in Oklahoma. There is the Green Country Classic Mustangs. Their website is www.greencountryclassicmustangs.com. They are not just for classic Mustangs, but all Mustangs. I know there is a car show/cruise on Tuesdays and fridays. I think the Tuesday cruise is at Backyard Burgers. The friday cruise is a good one at the Sonic at 34th St. and Peoria area. That is known as the Brookside area.

When I was in high school and shortly after (1982-88) my hometown of Claremore was the place to be. People would come from Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas, and as far as Lawton, OK to drag main. There was about a two mile stretch made up of the two main streets in town that were completely packed in both directions on all four lanes. It took 45 minutes to an hour (sometimes longer) to get all the way around. Those were the days!

Quick Reply: How man okies?