South West AZ, TX, NM, OK

new to fourm, got a few q's...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 02:20 PM
Iwant1

Default new to fourm, got a few q's...

Hello all, i am new to the fourm b/c i am looking to buy a mustang some day but i have heard lots of bad things about them. I currently own a 01 VW Jetta 1.8turbo and like it, but i have had 8 or 9 check engine lights come on in less then a yr of ownership. Now i am getting really sick of it so i am looking to trade it in on a mustang(01-03). the reason i am only looking for an 01-03 is i need to keep my payments around 250-275... so you get the point.

Anyways, im on the VWVortex fourms all the time and have made many threads about buying a mustang and they all have nothing but bad to say about them. There is a ford teck for Jim Click ford of that website that drives a VW and says he wouldnt own a mustang if you paid him. He says that is why he words for Ford is b/c the job will always be there b/c fords always break down...

Is there really anything to worry about when buying a mustang that i should know about before i get real serious about buying one?

Here is what one person just told me this morning about a mustang...
"Good luck with the mustang.. more creeks and rattles than you will ever here in any VW. every seal on the motor and tranny will have leakage or seepage, the interior will literally fall apart around you .. but hey- it's fast in a straight line right.. This poor bastard in my plaza has his 01 in for repair about once a month- He was talking about how he spends more in repair than he does on his payment"
This is what scares me....

Please help me.
Thanks
Clint
Old 05-04-2005, 03:15 PM
broke88
1st Gear Member

Default RE: new to fourm, got a few q's...

Hey there,

I guess no matter which vehicle you get , your taking a chance on what Gremlins are incorporated into them. aka my 200 cougar left me stranded 4 times, shutoff for no reason. So now I own a 2005 GT and been reading the reviews (war stories) and havnt been skeert one bit. The stereo shaker systems have problems, so got mine with the standard deck and installed Sat radio.

It's funny on how others talk about cars and their problems . aka ford/chevy war on words. Seriously though. go with what you want to go with. I got the stang cuz thats what I wanted.

TerryG .... oh welcome to the forums