South West AZ, TX, NM, OK

Houston Performance Shops

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 03:51 PM
ThePhilosopher

Default Houston Performance Shops

Can anyone suggest a performance shop in Houston that does good work; eg. FI install, gear/posi install, injector and fuel pump installs, etc... Any help here would be great.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:42 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Houston Performance Shops

there is a place down off nasa rd. 1 and Highway 3 called PSI motorsports. i just got the guy, Patrick, to install my 3.73's yesterday. he gave me one hell of a price and he is very savy of mustangs. i walked into that place and saw (2) '04 cobra's (one Steedafied), (3) suped up fox-bodies, his drag strip cobra, a couple of nice GT's and one bad *** lightning. needless to say, if all those people trust him with their cobras and lightnings, it was very easy to trust him with my 05. also a certified SCT dealer with software to create his own programs. he's a cool guy, give him a call...

Patrick O'Garman - 281 557 2874

18420 Hwy. 3 Suite B
Webster, TX 77598
Old 04-02-2005, 01:15 AM
slo93aod
2nd Gear Member

yeah Pat is a nice guy

he knows Ford, he worked at a dealer for about 10 years

Old 04-02-2005, 03:59 AM
T_stang
4th Gear Member

I got mine done at a race shop in baytown and it was a 373 with an auburn locker ...... But its been a while back
Old 04-14-2005, 03:01 PM
DuckyGt
3rd Gear Member

Check out Strictly Performance all they do is work on mustangs i got my gears done there. they know there stuff Strictly
Old 06-29-2005, 10:43 AM
BrookShadow_RC
2nd Gear Member

Hello all,
I live up in Kingwood, and today I'm going by Slater's on 1960 in Atascocita. Every time I drive by there there are a ton of Mustangs, and several people have taken their 05 their for misc stuff. So I'll check them out and report back here tomorrow.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:31 PM
BrookShadow_RC
2nd Gear Member

Well, I checked out Slater's. They seem to be pretty good. The owner was there about to leave in his blown '89 GT. It looked and sounded awesome. The guy giving me a tour of the shop said it had about 750hp to the rear wheels. I talked with a couple of the tech guys and one said he would love to start working on my car. They are a Steeda shop I think based on what I saw in some of the displays in the lobby. I'll give them a shot here soon.

They also do two dyno pulls for $60.

More later...
Old 11-12-2005, 01:02 AM
Exotic_HP

ORIGINAL: BrookShadow_RC

Hello all,
I live up in Kingwood, and today I'm going by Slater's on 1960 in Atascocita. Every time I drive by there there are a ton of Mustangs, and several people have taken their 05 their for misc stuff. So I'll check them out and report back here tomorrow.
Brokkshadow I know this is the old thread, did you go to Slaters and how you like their work, or what you think of the work experience? I live in houston and have 05 Gt looking to have HP TT in my car, and I am looking for experience shop in houston. I got some people refer me ho Houston Performance, PSI Motor sports, Slaters, just wanted to research which is the most trusted shop in houston.

Thanks,
Andy
Old 12-23-2005, 05:22 PM
BrookShadow_RC
2nd Gear Member

Exotic,

I did go by there and they gave me a tour of their shop. I did not have any work done though. I can tell you they had a lot of Mustangs there, and I have seen a lot of 05 GTs come out of there and these folks like the work that was done.

They are primarily a Steeds ahop, but I assume they would install anything and doa pretty good job. I hope to put my car on their dyno soon.

If any more questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
BrookShadow_RC

Old 12-28-2005, 11:53 AM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

where exactly is slaters in atascosita or just a general ballpark area?

thanks in advance

Quick Reply: Houston Performance Shops