Speed Density/Carb/SSP section This section is for the Speed Density or Carb vehicles, as well as Special Service Package 'Stangs

Carburetor and probably other performance questions.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 10:16 PM
My89Gt

Default Carburetor and probably other performance questions.

I bought mustang #4 this past saturday. I have always been about restoring to original, but decided that with this one, I would do something different for once. I am looking to not necessarily make the car look better, but mostly just make the car faster and more agile. Right now my main things I am hoping to do, is make it simpler under the hood. There are a lot of extra wires because the previous owner had no idea what they were doing and also added a bunch for stereo bull crap. I have already removed all of the speakers and the head unit.

with the mustang, there was obviously already a holley four barrel carb (some chrome crap) that doesn't have the spot for pcv or anything. The carb he pulled off he gave with the car, and i just left it in the back of the car inside an edelbrock box, (he claimed it was an edelbrock, so Ididn't even mess with it), I pulled it out today and it's a four barrel holley. If somebody could tell me how I could tell what cfm or anything it is, I would greatly appreciate it. Because you can't buy a rebuild kit without knowing what kind of carburetor it is. I appreciate any help with this. I am also looking for extra advice on performance that only costs me time. I am in preparation to delete all a/c. Also debating putting in an electric water pump and replacing the current set up with a free spinning pulley.

the main question for this post is : How do I figure out what size this holley four barrel is I have sitting in my bedroom?

Thanks.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:42 AM
Jfsram
4th Gear Member

There should be a number stamped in the choke horn.