StangMods.com Affordable performance, appearance, and suspension parts for your late model Mustang.

Dual Beam HID Headlight Conversion Kit for 87-04 Mustangs (REVIEW)

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Tiffsobelle
1st Gear Member

Default Dual Beam HID Headlight Conversion Kit for 87-04 Mustangs (REVIEW)

I ordered these from Stangmods 2/22 and installed them on my car. They were so easy to install! It hardly took any time to do it, and it was really simple.

Name:  4_zps9550ebba.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  32.8 KB

However, I don't like them at all! I'm very sad I spent $200 on these things.

Here's my problem with them...

They only hook up with the Drivers side factory connector and a cable running to your battery (and of course a ground wire)...that's it. The passenger side factory connector is bypassed (nothing hooks in to it). BECAUSE of this, the passenger side light isn't as bright as the drivers side, and sometimes the passenger side will flicker as well.

I took a regular HID kit off of my car to put these on (I wanted the Bi-Xenon) and they plug in to each of the factory plugs (both drivers and passenger sides) and had no problems with those at all. I had the opportunity to order from a different site this same kit I got from Stangmods for much, much cheaper, but thought since I was getting it from Stangmods, it would be a better kit.

I'm sure it works just fine for some people, or it's exactly what they want, however, it's NOT what I was looking for.

Hope this helps some people out there not waste $200.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:18 PM
stangmods.com
Banned

Originally Posted by Tiffsobelle
I ordered these from Stangmods 2/22 and installed them on my car. They were so easy to install! It hardly took any time to do it, and it was really simple.

However, I don't like them at all! I'm very sad I spent $200 on these things.

Here's my problem with them...

They only hook up with the Drivers side factory connector and a cable running to your battery (and of course a ground wire)...that's it. The passenger side factory connector is bypassed (nothing hooks in to it). BECAUSE of this, the passenger side light isn't as bright as the drivers side, and sometimes the passenger side will flicker as well.

I took a regular HID kit off of my car to put these on (I wanted the Bi-Xenon) and they plug in to each of the factory plugs (both drivers and passenger sides) and had no problems with those at all. I had the opportunity to order from a different site this same kit I got from Stangmods for much, much cheaper, but thought since I was getting it from Stangmods, it would be a better kit.

I'm sure it works just fine for some people, or it's exactly what they want, however, it's NOT what I was looking for.

Hope this helps some people out there not waste $200.
Hello, sorry to hear you are unhappy with the HIDs. We have sold thousands of sets over the years and have not heard of this problem. When you do put an HID in a non-projector housing it can look like one side is brighter than the other because of the reflector in the headlamp. We strive for 100% satisfaction so if you would like you can send them back for a full refund no questions asked. Please contact us at orders@stangmods.com to set up an RMA.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:35 AM
Tiffsobelle
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by stangmods.com
Hello, sorry to hear you are unhappy with the HIDs. We have sold thousands of sets over the years and have not heard of this problem. When you do put an HID in a non-projector housing it can look like one side is brighter than the other because of the reflector in the headlamp. We strive for 100% satisfaction so if you would like you can send them back for a full refund no questions asked. Please contact us at orders@stangmods.com to set up an RMA.
I will do that, thank you so very much for your great customer service, I appreciate it.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:10 AM
Dj_Seph
4th Gear Member

^^How'd you get that price? I'm thinking their fog and dual beam HID kit are in my future. I'll see if I have the same problem.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:22 PM
bronxbomba63
4th Gear Member

I will say that I'm glad you guys changed the ballasts on your kits. I got the bi xenon head/fog light kit last year and the ballasts were HUGE! Completely caught me off guard. I think the only problem I've had with mine is that sometimes I will have to turn my lights off then back on because the lights didn't come on initially. But I've heard that's a common problem with HID's.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:36 PM
stangmods.com
Banned

Originally Posted by bronxbomba63
I will say that I'm glad you guys changed the ballasts on your kits. I got the bi xenon head/fog light kit last year and the ballasts were HUGE! Completely caught me off guard. I think the only problem I've had with mine is that sometimes I will have to turn my lights off then back on because the lights didn't come on initially. But I've heard that's a common problem with HID's.
Thanks for the comments. The new slim ballasts are much easier to mount and hide. We have had good feedback on them so far. If you have to continually turn the light off/on for the ballast to work then it could be on its way out. Email us at orders at stangmods dot com and we'll be able to take care of you on a free warranty replacement.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:39 AM
bronxbomba63
4th Gear Member

Would I still qualify for the replacement since it's been just over 1year since I got them? They were doing this ever since I got them.