Steeda Autosports Steeda Autosports is Ford's #1 aftermarket performance parts manufacturer. Steeda's parts are manufactured to ISO-9001-2000 standards and are thoroughly tested and proven on race tracks and on the street. Specializing in suspension and performance parts. Steeda also carries a variety of outside vendor products making Steeda your one stop shop for performance!

Steeda's New Product Preview - S197 Jacking Rails

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 08:39 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Default Steeda's New Product Preview - S197 Jacking Rails

Hello All:

Once again ... you asked, Steeda Listened!

We are soon going to be releasing the long awaited Steeda S197 Jacking Rails:

Benefit #1:
Allows you to jack up your S197 anywhere along the jacking rail, preventing damage to your factory pinch welds

Benefit #2:
Will work with Steeda Mustang Frame Rail & Torque Box Brace without interference

Benefit #3:
Made in the USA using high-grade materials

Stay tuned for the official release from your leader in performance - Steeda Autosports.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 12-27-2016, 08:48 AM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Hello All:

We are now live!

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s197-m...ing-rails.html

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 03-21-2017, 08:01 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Hello All:

These also work with the Boss 302 side exhaust!

When Steeda announced a new set of jacking rails for the S197 platform I asked if they would fit on the Boss 302 with the factory side exhaust. Steeda responded on the forum (the original post is in the vendors section) that they didn't know as they had not attempted a test fit on the Boss 302. During subsequent conversations with Steeda, specifically Tim and Frank I was sent a set of the new jacking rails to determine if they would fit or not.

Upon receiving the jacking rails I found the quality and construction of the jacking rails was excellent....its almost a shame they will be under the car and not seen by anyone. I installed the jacking rails this morning on my 2013 Boss 302 without any problems and didn't have to do anything other than what was shown in the instructions. The rails fit tight to the underside of the car and will make it much easier to jack up.

I want to thank both Tim and Frank for making this possible....as those of us with a Boss 302 know, the rear jacking point is right where the side exhaust exits and causes a few problems when jacking the car up...these rails address that issue perfectly.

I've attached a picture showing the relationship of the rear of the rails to the side exhaust....if I did it right that is....if not, all you have to do is look under your car and find the two existing bolt holes that are about even with the back of the door...this is where the rear of the rails bolts into and is nowhere close to the side exhaust

Old 03-22-2017, 02:00 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Question for curiosity. Is Steeda aware of a potential side-effect/benefit to adding this could be increased frame stiffness? I know they are only parallel to the body of the car and do not really tie in to any other structures on the car.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:59 AM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

They are similar to our subframe connectors on earlier models but will not offer the same overall benefit that we can measure.

They are primarily intended to allow you to jack up your car along the jacking rail, preventing damage to your factory pinch welds for easier/quicker changing of components.

For the investment - they have been proven to be a great part with big returns.

The market is still early on these ... but you can check out what customers are saying about the S550 rails.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 05-01-2017, 08:22 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Bump - we have had tremendous success with these jacking rails!

Best Regards,

TJ