Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Who should win? Modded GTP v/s Modded Stang GT(RESULTS INSIDE!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 02:56 AM

Default RE: Who should win? Modded GTP v/s Modded Stang GT

The GTP (even the 4 door like mine) weighs in at around 3450 w/o driver.
I saw that and I thought...

...and then I looked it up...

2001 two door:
Curb Weight: 3494 lbs.

2001 four door:
Curb Weight: 3559 lbs.

...then I thought...

Old 03-26-2004, 09:24 AM
Mustangcarboy

You made a mistake by etting it go on a roll... The 'Stang will have plenty of traction now, there fore, you may have a chance, but it's really a drivers race, and you are in an auto, so I have a feeling it could be sour...
Old 03-26-2004, 10:37 AM
DavesGTP

Okay so I was down by 100 lbs on the weight of the car.....I was wrong.[8D]

I'd rather go from a 25 roll. That way I can have my car manually in 1st gear and ready to stomp.....no automatic downshifting. All I have to do is bump it up to 2nd gear by 50 mph and up to 3rd gear by about 90 mph and I'll be just fine. From a dig, I can't get traction to save my life. Remember, we're talking about a FWD car with 300+ lb. ft. of torque trying to get out of the hole. It's not easy trust me.[:@]
Old 03-26-2004, 10:57 AM
SilverBullet5.0
I ♥ Acer

what is this, an s2000 forum? Only race from a roll? haha seriously though you both have torque enough to get you off the line, stop bein girls and go from a stop. Honsetly the GTP's are quick *** cars even in stock form (by quick i mean simply that, QUICK, not fast) but ive never raced one from a stop, and the one ******* who tried to pass me the other day in the GTP got slutted pretty bad, but against a GT i have no idea.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:26 PM
DavesGTP

Haha he's the one (the Stang GT guy) that wants to go from a roll not a stop! Not me! i'd be game!
Old 03-26-2004, 12:56 PM
69351chase79302

i raced a gtp the other night and worked it. it was an all stock gtp and it never had a chance.i have a slightly modded 79 stang. by the time i was at 60 i was several car lengths ahead of him.
Old 03-26-2004, 01:34 PM
DavesGTP

Just for everyone's info., a stock supercharged GTP will run 0-60 in 6.5 to 6.8 seconds driven correctly. I have no idea how fast your car is, but one thing that "could" have happened....not saying it did b/c I don't know what your car would run....but "could" have......The GTP could have spun the tires a bit much on the launch and might have not turned off the traction control. If you do that, the PCM pulls your timing like mad to stop the wheelspin. By the time the PCM finally restores the timing/power, the race is over. Or you could have a fast car and you just beat him good, I don't know.

BTW, the GTP you raced was a '97+ bodystyle, right? Before that, they were not supercharged.....just a regular DOHC V6 IIRC,
Old 03-26-2004, 05:06 PM
DUB 6
I ♥ Acer

Dave how much boost are you putting out?
Old 03-26-2004, 06:21 PM
DavesGTP

I average 10.5 to 11 psi, but have seen peaks as high as 12, but that's pretty rare. I'm seeing some KR so I either need to go to a larger pulley (don't want to do that really) or bump my fuel up top. I just got an AFC that hopefully will allow me to kill off my KR while keeping my current pulley size of 3.3". Stock pulley size BTW is 3.8".
Old 03-30-2004, 04:08 AM
Denis85
1st Gear Member

I raced a gtx it had exhaust i think, i beated him pretty good, but since you are doing 13.5 i would lose against u for sure, maybe not after going 80mph, cuz fwd are different on highway and v8 r good on the higways, i dont know maybe im wrong, but i know my stang is really fast on the highway.

Quick Reply: Who should win? Modded GTP v/s Modded Stang GT(RESULTS INSIDE!)