Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

The Impala plague

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 07:38 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Default The Impala plague

I'm on the fence about whether this should be posted in Off Topic or not.......so if you mod's or admin's feel it should, feel free to move it.

But to get to my point, I was cruising around my area for a few hours today in my GT and I began to notice something about 45 minutes into my excursion. I noticed that nearly every 3rd or 4th car I was coming across on the road was an Impala (not the newer ones....the body style that just got replaced). And then I began to pay attention, and the number of Impalas I was seeing was blowing my mind. It's funny, back in 98/99 all one used to see on the roads around here were SN-95 mustangs. They were a dime and a half a dozen. Now it looks like, in my area at least, that the V6 FWD Impalas are becoming the new road flooders around here.

While on my cruise I also saw lots of these Impalas that were "modded". The modded ones came in two flavors..........riced and pimped. The pimped ones were more prevalent, but there were a couple that I saw with some kind of ground effects and aftermarket wings. But the pimped ones with the 20+ inch rims and billet all over the exterior were hard to miss. I really don't know much about these cars, but I'm guessing they aren't too expensive.

So my question is......has anyone else noticed this trend where they live?
Old 06-10-2006, 07:46 PM
Adams_02GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: The Impala plague

I live in Orange County, Ca, and I don't see a large Impala trend. Now when I lived in Colorado Springs, CO, they were all over the place. Almost all of them were "pimped out" too. The trend in the "OC" is either haveing a "bro" truck that is lifted and pretty (cause they get all the work done to it, and the truck never see's any off roading ever) or Nice sedans like The new Chrysler 300, and BMW'S. And the ALL have black rims on them....I don't get it. Very few cars can pass with black rims, but hey it's the OC. Once something cool hits the street, everybody and there mom gets it....Literaly even moms put black rims on there huge SUV's.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:12 PM
Fryguy22
4th Gear Member

the plague hasn't effected my area yet. I'll be sure to watch out for it. Where can I go to get a vacination?
Old 06-10-2006, 08:43 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fryguy22

the plague hasn't effected my area yet. I'll be sure to watch out for it. Where can I go to get a vacination?
Not sure yet Fryguy.......I'm still looking myself. But hopefully, with a little luck....you won't need one.[sm=signs003.gif]
Old 06-10-2006, 09:29 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

I see them every now and then. I think they're REALLY cheap a year or two old. So the shoe clerks like to buy them and rice 'em out, or the homies pimp them. I don't see the point...
Old 06-10-2006, 10:02 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sidewayz6.0

I see them every now and then. I think they're REALLY cheap a year or two old. So the shoe clerks like to buy them and rice 'em out, or the homies pimp them. I don't see the point...
Hey, it really doesn't bother me all that much in the end. It just makes our cars all the more unique when so many other ppl out there are driving something else
Old 06-10-2006, 10:22 PM
Jeremy
4th Gear Member

I do see a lot of Impalas here but Subarus seem to own Reno.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:46 PM
04_Sixer
3rd Gear Member

All I know is the new Impala SS is f*cking awesome!
Old 06-10-2006, 11:05 PM
302RideOrDie
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147

I'm on the fence about whether this should be posted in Off Topic or not.......so if you mod's or admin's feel it should, feel free to move it.

But to get to my point, I was cruising around my area for a few hours today in my GT and I began to notice something about 45 minutes into my excursion. I noticed that nearly every 3rd or 4th car I was coming across on the road was an Impala (not the newer ones....the body style that just got replaced). And then I began to pay attention, and the number of Impalas I was seeing was blowing my mind. It's funny, back in 98/99 all one used to see on the roads around here were SN-95 mustangs. They were a dime and a half a dozen. Now it looks like, in my area at least, that the V6 FWD Impalas are becoming the new road flooders around here.

While on my cruise I also saw lots of these Impalas that were "modded". The modded ones came in two flavors..........riced and pimped. The pimped ones were more prevalent, but there were a couple that I saw with some kind of ground effects and aftermarket wings. But the pimped ones with the 20+ inch rims and billet all over the exterior were hard to miss. I really don't know much about these cars, but I'm guessing they aren't too expensive.

So my question is......has anyone else noticed this trend where they live?
lol... my dad has an 03' v-6 impala ls --oklahoma, tulsa
Old 06-10-2006, 11:06 PM
302RideOrDie
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 04_Sixer

All I know is the new Impala SS is f*cking awesome!

Yeah awesome but still SLOW

Quick Reply: The Impala plague