Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Everyone LOVES Killing Mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 10:41 AM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

Default Everyone LOVES Killing Mustangs

(if you feel this is too off topic, then move it for me)

Is it just me, or could you make a sound argument that Mustangs are either the most, or one of the most hated cars in existence? From all of the random threads and trolls we get, I get the feeling like ANYONE who has a car that isnt SLOW is out looking to kill Mustangs.

I know that alot of them make the argument that for a domestic V8, the power output is way too low, but we all know that 94-98 GT's are greatly responsible for this overshadowing feeling by other car groups everywhere.

Back to topic though, does anyone else think that Mustangs are EVERYONES favorite kill (aside from exotics), and if so why?
Old 07-26-2006, 10:46 AM
blackbetty01
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Everyone LOVES Killing Mustangs

The mustang is an icon, when most people think of fast cars they will think of mustangs so if you have a modified Civic and you beat a Mustang than your Civic must be fast, even if the Mustang driver wasnt racing

But the only kind of cars that usually want to race me are cars that shouldn't. GTO's, T/A's, and Corvettes usually will ignore me or just won't race.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:50 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

I totally agree with what you said. If you go on 25 other forums, I can almost guarantee you that within the first 2 pages of their street and strip section, someone would have killed a Mustang, rather it be a v6 or v8, and you'll have someone post after and say that Mustangs are slow and always try to race them and they always beat the Stang. I see all the time, but to be honest with you, theres a couple of sites that actually know their place in the food chain and dont say sh*t about Stangs being slow.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:48 AM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

yes but sadly, most of the mustangs on the road are v6's. and for some reason, i see a helluva lot more 94-98 v6's than 99-04's. since most people dont knwo the difference between a normal mustang and a GT, they assume all are pretty slow. out of all the races ive had so far, i think my v6 does pretty well for a 3200 190 hp car. with cars in my class, i can keep up or beat em, so thats pretty good with me. im not gonna mess with a turbo 4 or a v8 though, well cept maybe my friends special 85 TA, but yeah.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:08 PM
Troteck
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tightdogal

yes but sadly, most of the mustangs on the road are v6's. and for some reason, i see a helluva lot more 94-98 v6's than 99-04's. since most people dont knwo the difference between a normal mustang and a GT, they assume all are pretty slow. out of all the races ive had so far, i think my v6 does pretty well for a 3200 190 hp car. with cars in my class, i can keep up or beat em, so thats pretty good with me. im not gonna mess with a turbo 4 or a v8 though, well cept maybe my friends special 85 TA, but yeah.
Really? In NJ I see countless 99-04 v6s, lots of 95-98 gts, few 99-04 gts and a lot of 05+ v6 and v8
Old 07-26-2006, 01:12 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

for some reason, ive BARELY been seeing mustangs this summer in my area. its really weird but the past month i maybe see 10 mustangs a day. but then again, i drive basically during morning and evening rush hour. yea the 05's are def starting to be everywhere now too.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:39 PM
99saleen351r
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 72MachOne99GT

(if you feel this is too off topic, then move it for me)

Is it just me, or could you make a sound argument that Mustangs are either the most, or one of the most hated cars in existence? From all of the random threads and trolls we get, I get the feeling like ANYONE who has a car that isnt SLOW is out looking to kill Mustangs.

I know that alot of them make the argument that for a domestic V8, the power output is way too low, but we all know that 94-98 GT's are greatly responsible for this overshadowing feeling by other car groups everywhere.

Back to topic though, does anyone else think that Mustangs are EVERYONES favorite kill (aside from exotics), and if so why?

I hated them to...Thats what made me get one Cant beat em join them right??
Old 07-26-2006, 01:44 PM
40thgtfl
3rd Gear Member

the main issue is the 94-98 mustang, or even the fox cars. people dont know there was a huge power increase in 99 so if you beat one mustang you beatem all. every time i destroy a rice boy or even pace a car that should be faster than mine, the look of shock is crazy. they always say damn, you must have a bunch of work done! i tell them my mods and they say "thats it?" yup. it is. its like they had no idea that a light weight v8 car would beat them. hello. i think the 260hp rating makes the car look bad to. its like this. from a dig i can keep up with any car with a ft/lbs to weight ratio the same as mine. even if they have 300hp. the hp only takes over in the high speeds. its also fords falt in a way. you have the mach 1 and cobra running around and it makes the 2v look bad. even on this sight all day i hear people and there bs about how slow the 2v is. a bunch of guys on here run low 14s with a ton of bolt ons. that sucks, learn to launch and powershift please.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:48 PM
Valcore
3rd Gear Member

yeah like said above, most imports use a mustang as a "fast ride" when they can beat a mustang they know they are fast...

99saleen351r you have an awsome car.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:01 PM
SN95FoxII
2nd Gear Member

Feels good to be the bad guy, everyone wants to kill you and thats what the mustang is.

Quick Reply: Everyone LOVES Killing Mustangs