Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Damn, lotta races

Old 06-09-2004, 07:32 PM
SilverBullet5.0
I ♥ Acer

Default Damn, lotta races

first one against my man drew in his (just modded, full exhaust, chip, intake, throttle body, shocks/struts) 01 cobra. From a stop he took me by about 1 1/2 cars at the quarter. Tried it several times, he missed thrid once and i actually beat him once. From a roll it was all him, taking me by about 3 cars. Ouch. (at this time my car still seemed to be having "bogging" issues, didnt seem to have its power that it used to and it wouldnt start without starting fluid, it was idling high, and would start shaking at lower RPM's when the gas wasnt being applied)

Thats before we went to carolina mustang later that day. I picked up a BBK fenderwell mount CAI, and a 65mm throttle body also BBK (egr plate). After the install i was happy as hell. the car started fine, right up, no lag at all. And the idle was right at 800, IMO a perfect idle for my cam. It just so happens that my friend camerons brother has a hooked up evolution (hks cams, full exhaust, turbo timer(?), boost controller, full suspension, aftermarket BOV, i think thats it....) Anyways it was me and cams bro in my car. The car felt amazing, the car was smooth and it was getting powert throughout the entire powerband, i was happy as hell at the 400 bucks i just spent. Anyways cameron was driving his bros evo, and he had 2 passengers (obviously an influence in the race, but i cant really give that MUCH credit). We hit a light. Cams bro yells from my car and tells him not to launch it "that hard". So i dont rev it at all, cuz i get no traction when i launch, but the evo revs up a little bit, but nowhere near the point it needs to to get its killer AWD launches... The light goes green and i go, so does cameron, and we even for bout a split second, but im a half a car ahead after first, i grab second and squeal the tires just a bit but pull another car, the evos exhaust is screaming and i cant blieve im winning, i hear the BOV go and i shift into third at 4500 (yes, a whole grand south of the 5500 i usually shift at) by the end of the race i had pulled 2 cars and helled him at that. I was truly stunned. I had just beaten the **** out of a modded evolution.

Now before you asses begin to flame me, i am aware that he had an extra person in the car, he also didnt launch to evo like it needs to be to get its mid 13 second times ( i think if he would have launched like from 5k or so he would have taken me by about a car or so). On the flip Cameron can also drive like crazy, he managed to pull off consistent 14.0's and one 13.9 in his bros s2k (recently sold). I also shifted at 4500 going into 3rd. I dont know what it was, but my car is WAY faster than it was before, along with the fact it fixed a whole bunch of little problems. I was thinking maybe because i had all the exhaust going out well, but basically no air coming in. Whatever it may be, i now hunt evo's, and im gonna find me an STI
Old 06-09-2004, 07:55 PM

Default RE: Damn, lotta races

Good job, and good luck. You're going to find one with a guy whos got so much money he doesn't care what happens to it, and he'll launch at 5500. lol

Do you know what the EVO does at the track btw? Just curious to see what those mods get him since it's in the neighborhood of 13.4ish stock, I'd say you're both somewhere in the high 12s possibly?

I can't wait to have enough money. EVO > me.

Old 06-10-2004, 03:41 PM
iwrxit
4th Gear Member

the evos run 13.3-13.5 stock. with hks cams and a boost controller the should put out 400hp+ to the flywheel easy. the hks cams are demonic. i saw one go 11.8 with cams and a turbo. they hit low 12's with the hks's
Old 06-10-2004, 07:10 PM
SilverBullet5.0
I ♥ Acer

he told me he doesnt have the cams (he also has cam gears i forgot to mention) on the "aggressive" setting because he doesnt like how it idles with them set at that, but oh god that evo was a BLAST to ride in. It handles absolutely amazing. Cameron drove my car in the twisties and i rode in the evo with his bro, the evo absolutely left my car haha, it is one sick machine. Im highly doubting he puts 400hp to the fly, cuz if he does hed def take me by quite a bit for sure, but i havent had my car dynod since the throttle body/intake/fixing other minor problems.

yea cameron has already told me theres gonna be a rematch, im sure hell launch it at like 6k and **** my *** off the line, but i hold the trophy for now SUCCESS!
Old 06-12-2004, 02:22 AM
Stinger
4th Gear Member

Good KILL Bro 1 more for the Fox Mustangs. Umm i have read that Evos best at 13.9 ? Stock? Reason i ask is i guess it has less HP then A STI does like 30 hp shy but beats the STI in the 1/4 mile . I like the EVOs they look kinda neat. So you WRX have seen stock Evos break into mid 13s? Cause if thats the case itll smoke a STI right? Well anyways i dont know to much on these cars so anymore info would be great . Hey once again Silver GOOD KILL !! What other mods you have done to ur stang ? Any Dynos or have u taken off A/C and smog yet , fill a brother in. lol
Old 06-12-2004, 06:13 PM
SilverBullet5.0
I ♥ Acer

umm my only dyno was before i removed the emissions/AC and added the throttle body/CAI. It made 241hp and 310tq.

I see evo's run mid-high 13's all day at the track (fayetteville) and no, the STI is faster in the quarter by about .2 seconds. Best STI i have seen ran a 13.0. Stock, that is. You could smell that dudes clutch for a good 20 minutes after the race.

damn awd, i want an AWD 04 cobra