MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Street/Strip (https://mustangforums.com/forum/street-strip-25/)
-   -   Peeps with Mach I's. (https://mustangforums.com/forum/street-strip/16899-peeps-with-mach-is.html)

JD1969 06-20-2004 12:16 PM

RE: Peeps with Mach I's.

ORIGINAL: 2000Si

So I'm on Hondaswap and this guy who hates domestics is talking his ****...well being the Mustang lover that I am, I decided to chime in. Apparently every piece of information he's found on the Mach I tells him that it runs a GTish time of mid to low 14s. I showed him MM&FF.com and their lovely 13.1 times, but then he decides that "they're just giving it a better light so Ford can sell more Mustangs"

SOoooo.... does anyone have any magazine sources outside of MM&FF that give the very low 13s of the Mach Is, and even better yet...anyone with a Mach I have any time slips I could throw in his face?
Sounds to me that no matter how much evidence you give him he will still call BS, he's a tool that thinks his Honda is the best/fastest car around (no offence to you).

mdvaldosta 06-20-2004 12:31 PM

Well the auto Mach1's have ran lotsa low 14's - but the 5 speeds are considerably faster, low 13's (their redline is 1k higher as well).

Tell him to look here

98LS1 06-20-2004 02:49 PM

High Performance Pontiac

Mysterious, there's the article.

It shows all the times anyone could need to know, tell the Honda guy to look thur. None of them could get the GTO to hook, didn't do a much better job with the Mach 1. Both cars are pretty equal.

The Mach 1 is a killer car.

Mysterious 06-20-2004 02:58 PM

I still want a new GTO. The nice thing about HPP is they break down the combo for the pavement pounder cars, and they dont use corrected numbers like HOTROD does. Plus they can actually drive unlike C&D and R&T... They do a good job and they tell it like it is. Kinda kool IMO..

06-20-2004 03:13 PM

Thanks guys, some really helpful links. It wasn't about the Mustang being slow, it was just about him seeing if his 350z could take it I guess. He sold his turbo EG hatch and bought a 350z a few months ago...but he's still a honda ****** thru and thru. I personally don't like him, so whatever you say about him, well... I could care less.

I might as well throw up a link to the thread... it starts out with someone cutting themselves working on some brakes... lol

http://www.hondaswap.com/forums/inde...howtopic=40255

Look for Jeffie7's responses to start quoting 1/4 mile times and whatnot. Then look for me (revolution8k) to start calling him out.

Dan04COBRA 06-20-2004 04:28 PM

A stock 99+ GT 5 speed is fair game for a stock 350z. This kid is totally off base and out of his league if he thinks he can go picking on some Mach 1's.

Tell him to go to Mach1Registry.com and look around....He will feel pretty dumb.

ShadowG03 06-22-2004 10:01 AM

actually dan I've ran a friend of mine's 350 and we were dead even from about 10mph roll to 70mph. they've both got roughly the same 1/4 mile times.

00MustangGT 06-22-2004 12:05 PM

yeah mach1registry is a good website. they have all kinds of good forums and info. There is a guy on there that bought his mach 1 took it home for a few hours and then went to the drag strip that afternoon and ran a 12.9 completely stock on his 5 speed. he has the time slip to prove it, they say thats the fastests they have heard of a stock car doing. My dad has one in blue with just a k&N and magnaflow cat back and trust me it is very capable of high 12s-very low 13s. they are awesome cars.

2003mach1stang 06-28-2004 01:46 AM

i have an auto 2003 mach 1. my best time was a 13.7 but usually run low 14s. if i dont let the engine cool down enough between runs, ill run a 14.4, the car just seems slower when its hot. a buddy of mine ran a 13.2 stock in his manual mach.

Dan04COBRA 06-28-2004 02:08 AM

ORIGINAL: ShadowG03

actually dan I've ran a friend of mine's 350 and we were dead even from about 10mph roll to 70mph. they've both got roughly the same 1/4 mile times.
Yeah, I said 99+ GT's are fair game for a 350z.