Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Mustang GT vs. BMW 335i

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 10:51 AM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang GT vs. BMW 335i

ORIGINAL: Jerseyfury2

one of my buddies works as a mechanic at a BMW dealer and he brought over tonite a brand new 335i....and i mean for a little car, you wouldn't expect what it has...they're fast...i think they would have us stock for stock
[/align][/align]I don't know. For their size, those are some HEAVY little cars. Almost 3700 pounds. I think it would be an extremely close race on the freeway. More than likely it would be a deadlock. Whomever gets the jump, wins. I wouldn't mind running against one on the road. It'd be fun. If I lost, at least it would be to a worthy adversary.[/align]
Old 12-22-2006, 06:08 PM
kleistang
3rd Gear Member

stokc vs stock is completly on the drivers, and you guys are right, the way the bimmer drives is completly different to the way a mustang drives, the bimmer is so quiet and smooth but the mustang is noise and rought, even tought 05+ have the best rides of all stangs, the 335i is heavy, but the wait distribution is 50/50 and the suspension is finely tuned for performance and comffort at the same time.
one thing you would see if you have the oportunity to race one from a stop is that you would jump on him hard and get lilke a car leght but, not for so long. after that it would keep with you no matter what. also either the stickshift or the automatic tranny in those cars are nice, the automatic can be driven in a triptronic mode or a sportmode which is completly ameizing. the car would keep the car in the gear u get the most power of depending on the speed ur driving, shifting is also quicker and firm. i belive the car is worth the money and is one of the few i think that combines performance, luxury and A NICE PRICE
Old 12-26-2006, 01:05 AM
Black07gt
3rd Gear Member

well i don't know much about bmw, but i raced a rich kid in a330i. about 70mph roll, i left him like about 1/8 of a mile, i went the full 140 mph on the gauge, then i went down to 65. in about 10-15 sec he catch up and wanted to go again, so i let him about 1 car head start not even like that he could beat me, i left him for about 10 cars and i decided he was not worth the ticket so i stoped racing
Old 12-26-2006, 02:30 AM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black07gt

well i don't know much about bmw, but i raced a rich kid in a330i. about 70mph roll, i left him like about 1/8 of a mile, i went the full 140 mph on the gauge, then i went down to 65. in about 10-15 sec he catch up and wanted to go again, so i let him about 1 car head start not even like that he could beat me, i left him for about 10 cars and i decided he was not worth the ticket so i stoped racing
lol, ticket? try jail...

Its funny though i let my friend drive my stang (w/ out me..long story) and he passed an under cover while doing 110. the cop let him go... the cop said he was doing 80. but we both know he knew that wasnt true.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:42 AM
classj
4th Gear Member

The question still is the following:

Would you want to own one?????

Ifsomething that looked like acamerywas 500hp, ran to 60 in 4 flat, quarter in 12.5, etc, etc. I still would not wantit.

I looked at the 335i, they are nice, but just wierdly executed or something. Shaped wrong, de-germanized almost. Like BMW has gone the way oflexus and infinity.They are trying to make the car appeal to everyone it seems.

Likealot of you I am sure, trading the mustang for one would not be a horriblydifficult task. It just doesent do much for me and I wonder if I am going to love the new M3 as I did the E46 when I first saw it.Chris Bangle really doesent thrill me with the styling he has going on at BMW.

Old 12-26-2006, 06:42 AM
Rock36
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stang Skeleton

ORIGINAL: Twister086

the 335i is a beautiful machine... the difference between the m3 and the 335i is that a 335i has 300ft/lb torque table from 1500-5000rpm. an m3 only makes 262 peak... so it makes up for it with 8000 rpm and 34 more horses. but the 335i is so buttery smooth, no turbo-lag no power band like a regular turbo car.

but keep in mind bmw didnt build the 335i as a mustang killer, it shouldntbeclassed or compared to one. maybe with a ford fusion or lincoln zeypher. bmw mustang killersports car would a m roadster or coupe. apples and oranges.. not arguing...
+10 exactly my point
I agree as well. IMO BMWs primary competition is Audi and Mercedes. Hell if you look at the offerings of all three of thosecompanies you see that they allhave a nearly parallel car line up. Especially as far as sedans go.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:51 AM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kleistang
...the bimmer is so quiet and smooth but the mustang is noise and rought, even tought 05+ have the best rides of all stangs, the 335i is heavy, but the wait distribution is 50/50 and the suspension is finely tuned for performance and comffort at the same time. ...
[/align][/align]Actually, the 335i with Sport Package isn't all that quiet or comfortable. A stock 05+ actually rides better than a 335i with Sport Package. You don't get as much engine sounds coming in on the 335i, though.[/align]
Old 12-26-2006, 01:16 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: classj

I have never had mine to the track. But I have seen stock stangs run 106 at the top end.
Maybe with a tune. I barely got 106 with the mods listed below. Plus i'm only 300 ft above sea level. It was 80 degrees though.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:00 AM
ill_Smoke_u
I ♥ Acer

hay guys i gotta 07 stang gt auto ima race my friends 335 auto...both are stock ill let you know what happens ima maybe race em this friday
Old 04-30-2007, 04:16 AM
UrS4
4th Gear Member

The 335 is no joke. If you ever get a chance to look at the latest copy of European tuner, they have a 335 with only a 'chip' vs. a vorteched M3. They have a picture of the dyno graphs and the 335 looks like it has a V8 under the hood. With just a ECM upgrade the car put down 326 whp and 347 wtq. The s/c M3 looks like the typical centri blower set up, 295 wtq and about 405 whp at about 8K.

Put a chip in the BMW and add some rubber and stiffen it up with better springs and that car will kill a similarly modded (CAI, tune, springs, tire) stang on the road course and run away in the straights. The 335 has already been deamed the european version of the supra, so it is only a matter of time before that thing is putting up some serious power.

Quick Reply: Mustang GT vs. BMW 335i