Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

ZO6 VETTE VS MY STANG!!!!!!O YEA!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 11:46 PM
67stang

Default ZO6 VETTE VS MY STANG!!!!!!O YEA!!!

First of all i am so excited that this has happend it is unbeliveable. I have been wanting to race ZO6 for a while now. And that time was today.Man i am pumped up this was so far my greatest race. Anyway heres the story. Sorry my stories are usually always long like to go into detail.
I got home and decided to take the stang out cause it was a pretty nice day for a little cruise and plus the paint shop wanted to take some pictures. I was crusing around for a good 1 or so when i decided to head down to the beach to check out what all Hurrican IVAN did. Well on the way back i saw a new Mach. I havent raced one of those so i went and caught up with it. It was two older guys and they just looked over and smiled and shook their heads up and down. I guess they like the car but they didnt want to race. Cool no big deal. So I start to head home cause its getting kind of cloudey. I dont have any windshield wipers and my scoop just sucks in water like crazy. Well as i am passing bank of america there is a brand new black ZO6 with a pretty young guy in it and a chick. So im like hell ya this dude will prob. race. So as i pass i throw a little rev at him and he stairs at me. But there is two cars behind me before he can get into the street. He gets in the street and just stays back there im like WTF come on dude. were on a three lane road. i am in the far right he is one car back and in the middle. We went over a bridge and and there was a light coming up. so i slow way down and im like please turn yellow please turn yellow. It does!! yes!! well as it turned yellow the vette went to the far left lane. so at the light he is far left some civic thing in the middle and me on the far right. So im all ready just hoping this dude will go on green. Well he didnt. but me and him did jumpt out in front of the civic, so we were able to see each other. The girl in his car by the way...damn pretty fine looking. but anyway so i go easy into first and let it whine out and shift soft into second. and im like at 3.5 4k on the tach. And BAM... HE GOES. He got the jump thats for sure but i took off too like a bat out of hell. perfect too i didnt start to burn out thank god. so my front bumper was at about his front wheel so it was a pretty fair take off for both of us. I took it up to 6500rpm in second and pulled him back to about the middle of my car, hit 3rd and pulled him back to *** end of my car, and then hit 4th and pulled him a little behind my car not much but a little i would say a couple of feet. then he just gave up and i still had about half of 4th gear left. I was a little mad that he gave up because i would have like to seen where he would be at the end of 4th but no biggy. And damn was I happy. i was singing in the car..."i beat a ZO6...I BEAT A ZO6!!!" i was pretty happy but man was i shook up. i was shaking like a leaf man, it was kind of funny my adrealian was pumping that for sure. I got home and i was like thats it no more racing unless its someone faster that a ZO6. lol just kidding of couse. i was just happy i didnt break anything and very happy i won. well theres the story sorry again that i write a damn book about my races but this one deserved it. lol. peace out all.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:54 PM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: ZO6 VETTE VS MY STANG!!!!!!O YEA!!!

wow, that was a crazy long story, but good kill. I bet he cried in front of his woman too after he lost.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:55 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Haha good story... what for mods again>
Old 09-21-2004, 11:58 PM
Redline03GT
3rd Gear Member

Sounds like a pretty cloudy race to me, like something you had to see, cause the Z06 sorta raced and sorta didnt. Good story though. You must have a badass 67 to keep up!
Old 09-21-2004, 11:59 PM
2001_SaleenS281_08
5th Gear Member

wow, thats awesome!!! great kill! your car must be fast as hell
Old 09-22-2004, 12:12 AM
SKINNY T
1st Gear Member

Nice kill!! I have always wanted to race a Z06 as well. How do you if it's a Z06 or not? I have heard that a couple of guys with my car have beat them, might be just BS though. I still want to try!
Old 09-22-2004, 12:18 AM
67stang

Ya i know about the cloudeness. i didnt think he was gonna but he took the jump and he did take off. thats for sure cause if he was just crusing goning that fast well then i'll kiss his toes cause my car not to slow. but what happend i think is basically he went ahead and raced and when i pulled him to the back of the car he just got Butt hurt and gave up. Cause you could tell when he let off the gas cause he droped back and i know im that fast.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:21 AM
67stang

they got a little emblem that says ZO6 on the side towards the front. o yea and right underneath it says "405hp"

o and here you go again.

289 block bored out 30over
forged pistons, chromaly rings with a 10:1 comp ratio
a street strip cam (my pops cant remember what ratio it is and he put it in when he had it)
302 heads ported and pollished
roller rockers
torker II intake manifold
holly 750cfm 4barrel double pumper
street scoop II
mallory racing ign. sys
accel wires 8mm
hooker comp headers
dyno max bullit muf.
racing clutch
9 inch rear with 4.11 posi gears
and just swaped to new T5
and took of the clutch fan and went to an electric.
i only have three pulleys too no A/C no power brakes no power stearing nothing. just alt and water pump. i think that pretty much it for my mods.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:41 AM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Man i just want to beat a regular vette I know that I can't run with the Z06's. I'm waiting to mod my car and by the time i'm done I want to at least run with Z06's.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:56 AM
Stinger
4th Gear Member

Hey 67 stang i believe you bud but you beat him with those mods? What 302 heads you have?TFS? What year Block you have? Cause old school 302 heads stink really really bad.. Unless you have 289 hipo heads that have been ported.Sounds like a mean machine.

Quick Reply: ZO6 VETTE VS MY STANG!!!!!!O YEA!!!