Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

ME -vs- new Viper

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 12:16 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Default ME -vs- new Viper

OK so I'm cruizin down the road when behind me I see a NEW Dodge Viper... it was purdy... the guy wanted some so he pulled up next to me. Man was this a sweet *** piece of machinery... polished calipers, sweet *** seats and fat *** paint job... racing harness... it was really really nice... I've waxed an older viper with a 100 shot of nitrous pretty easily, well by a car... so I figured this would just be gravy... it was an older guy driving too, grey hair and all, suprised me that he was racing.

So first thing this guy does is drop back like 2 cars and I was like wtf is this guy doing... he then proceeds to do a FLYBY!!!! Well after he realizes he's a dumbass he slows back down and gets next to me... says for me to "go ahead and I'll catch up" ... haha omfg he wants to play catch! So, I just smile and told him that HE can go, and not to worry I catch him! So he looks back at the road and stomps it...

He did it kinda unexpectedly so by the time I realized and hit the gas I was back to his door... then by the time I got the rpm's up I was at his back tires. We went from about 45 mph to about 90 mph and I we stayed nearly dead even - I gained a couple inches on him everytime we shifted but it was a dead heat... who knows what woulda happened if we woulda kept going since he's got the more aerodynamic car. We stopped at a light and we traded compliments and we went our separate ways...

So, me being upset that this was the first street race I didn't win (really really upset) - I went home and pulled up some info on the net. I though for sure that Viper was modded because the guy "guessed" I had a vortech under my hood so he obviously knew more about cars then just driving them. I knew the older Vipers made 405 rwhp and 500 ft lbs of torque... and assumed it was the same today... WRONG!! The new Vipers list for $82,000 bucks and are listed at 500hp and 525 lbs of torque! Holy shizzle nizzle!

So I spend a couple hours last night takin some more metal from my throttle body and Plenum... lol their almost paper thin now haha can't take anymore... maybe I sqeeze 3 or 4 more hp outta em and that might get me alittle of an advantage if we meet again. Or if I get him from a stop I think I can take him pretty easy. NEED MORE POWER!
Old 11-09-2004, 12:24 PM
vshayes
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: ME -vs- new Viper

ORIGINAL: mdvaldosta

NEED MORE POWER!
no you dont!! lol You have enough.
Old 11-09-2004, 12:34 PM
StangMang
5th Gear Member

haha nice story MD...i'm obsessed with the vipers...but i like the old look better...my fav is the 97 GTS coupe [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 11-09-2004, 12:47 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

just goes to show you gotta watch out for us "old" guys with white beards and such! LOL
lots of us still have the fire in the belly that makes us go out and smoke you youngsters from time to time!!!
Old 11-09-2004, 12:49 PM
Redline03GT
3rd Gear Member

Hahahah the wife strikes back!! Yeah I've been waiting for you to post a good story for a while, and i'm impressed. If you don't have upgraded suspension then I imagine that would help out quite a bit on your next race.
Old 11-09-2004, 12:55 PM
20vVolvo
2nd Gear Member

hey nice race dude...i wish i could have seen that...sounded very fun
Old 11-09-2004, 01:05 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Redline03GT

Hahahah the wife strikes back!! Yeah I've been waiting for you to post a good story for a while, and i'm impressed. If you don't have upgraded suspension then I imagine that would help out quite a bit on your next race.
yea I've got suspension work, which is why I woulda preferred to take him from a stop. It probably woulda been ugly
Old 11-09-2004, 01:19 PM
offnet83
2nd Gear Member

Impressive, I bet he was like wtf.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:05 PM
HRnB
Administrator

So MD, you have installed a N20 system yet? That's what they're made for, the ocational street and drag race. [sm=smiley20.gif]

The only reason you hear horror stories about NOS is because people over use it. Just do a nice 100 shot and you'll never get beat. [sm=exactly.gif]
Old 11-09-2004, 03:26 PM
vshayes
I ♥ Acer

you better stop giving him ideas.. He has to wait until the loan is paied off for the supercharger before he can buy anythng else.! LOL

Quick Reply: ME -vs- new Viper