Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

ALL who race their daily driver at the track READ THIS

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 10:49 PM
Stinger
4th Gear Member

Default RE: ALL who race their daily driver at the track READ THIS

well they could drop you but it better be in the contract. They cant make up rules as the go! My sister n law works for Geico. it was probally her that reported it hehehe she is a hag sometimes lol.Kidding on the report thing,but she is a hag though.
Old 11-10-2004, 10:59 PM

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

That cant be done can it? I mean they cant cancel you because you race... but they can deny coverages applied if you have an accident there. Something doesnt add up. I would look into sueing the **** out of geico!!!
Check your insurance quote, if there's a clause prohibiting you to participate in racing events, you bet your bottom end they can do that.

Old 11-10-2004, 11:01 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Yeah... I did call and they did say its in the underwriting but they said they wouldnt drop me and they wont send anyone out to babysit either. But I have every intention to remove my license plates at the track from here on out! LOL
Old 11-10-2004, 11:06 PM
20vVolvo
2nd Gear Member

quote:

To those that race ANYWHERE
We recently had a member of a local message board receive a letter in the mail from his insurance company (GEICO) informing him that they would be canceling his insurance because of his participation in a T&T at a local drag strip (Capitol Raceway in Crofton, MD). They sent him a picture of his car with his tag in plain view with him in the staging line as well as a copy of his tech sheet and waiver that he signed. They told him that he has 30 days to find a new insurance company.

The track was contacted and said they NEVER give out copies of waivers or tech sheets to insurance companies unless they come to them after a claim has been filed and the ins company believes the damage occurred at the track. In this situation capitol officials (from what I have heard) do not release this information to Geico.

Just a heads up to everyone here as I know most of you still DD your track cars or at least still use them to some extent. It has also been discussed that when you applied for INS you didn't give the company your tag number so maybe they are writing down VINS. In that case you might want to think about the VIN delete mod while at the track as well as removing your Tags before pulling into the tech line.

I would post a link to the original thread but that happened yesterday on FordPower.net and really slowed down our already slow server .

--chad
what they didnt tell u is that this guy recently totled 3 cars cause of racing...lol

ya but that sucks no offence tommyV8 but i hate dealing w insurence peeps
Old 11-11-2004, 04:58 AM
Jugador
5th Gear Member

full coverage this almost makes sense, but if they dropped someone liability only, that would be totally stupid.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:15 PM
TommyV8
5th Gear Member

Every state has its own insurance laws and every company has its own policies. In Missouri you can only be dropped if:
a) you don't pay your premium
b) you move out of our insuring territory (AAA Missouri covers 7 states)
c) there is an increased exposure to risk
It is probably option "c" that came into play in this particular situation if he was indeed cancelled for the dragstrip appearance. However, if he has wrecked three cars than that would get him dropped like a bad habit by anyone.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:19 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

My dad and his friends used to remove their tags when they got to the track for this very reason.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:27 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Yeap... thats what I will be doing from here on out.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:18 PM
gilamonster
2nd Gear Member

i don't get it. i have liablity on my 96 gt from AAA. why do companies care what you drive if it's liability. they don't have to pay either way. and it'd be **** if they charged you more just because you have a car they think will cause an accident for being fast. they charged me more on my gt than they did for my old 67 chevelle i used to have.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:20 PM
StangMang
5th Gear Member

Thats fuggin BULLSH*T!!

Quick Reply: ALL who race their daily driver at the track READ THIS