Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Florida I4 - Black Z/28 vs. Red Stang

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 01:28 AM
audiopro

Default Florida I4 - Black Z/28 vs. Red Stang

I'll go into cliff notes mode...

Coming home I came up next to a red Mustang. After finally getting to a safe spot we lined up at about 50.. I hit it and thought for a sec he was not ready so let off, at which time I found out he was ready. So he put a car on me at first but I reeled him in at about 85 and proceded to put a few cars on him, shut down at about 110 with, I dunno.. 3 cars ahead...

Anyway, thanks for a good run. Was probably one of the cleanest pre 94 Stangs I have seen in a while...
Old 11-23-2004, 01:43 AM
gilamonster
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Florida I4 - Black Z/28 vs. Red Stang

you better not race again or Iwrxit might tell you street racing is bad. (nice kill though)
Old 11-23-2004, 01:46 AM
audiopro

I thought I4 was a NHRA sanctioned strip?? Oops, my bad..

Just kidding.. I actually dont think it the best of ideas to street race, but.. Ehh.. Cant help it sometimes.. I just try to be as safe as possible while doing it..

Thanks though.. I really admire how clean his car was though.. Not your run of the mill kid with a "once nice" Mustang. This car was well done...
Old 11-23-2004, 02:01 AM
gilamonster
2nd Gear Member

how's your exhaust. the reason i ask is because my brother is lookin for an ls1 camaro and is still not sure. we heard a 99 z-28 with the slp and it sounded really deep.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:07 AM
audiopro

There are a couple models that SLP makes. One is the Loudmouth, and it is exactly that. It is probably a little too loud for my liking. They also have what they call a Dual Dual exhaust. It is not however true duals. Both sound decent, but in the end I shelled out twice the money for the GMMG catback as opposed to any other. Lets face it, a catback is not a huge performance gain when talking V-8's. So I chose it for it's sound alone. It is without a doubt the best sounding exhaust produced for an LS1. Granted at 700 bucks, it is expensive, but well worth it...

www.gmmginc.net is their website and if you wanna hear some soundclips visit www.ls1sounds.com. There are many configurations there you can listen to...

Here are a couple pics of it on my car...
http://www.sitepros.net/camaro/dscf0007.jpg
http://www.sitepros.net/camaro/dscf0009.jpg
Old 11-23-2004, 02:08 AM
iwrxit
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gilamonster

you better not race again or Iwrxit might tell you street racing is bad. (nice kill though)
street racing is b...what do you mean?

good run. what does your car run in tthe 1/4?
Old 11-23-2004, 02:18 AM
gilamonster
2nd Gear Member

i agree with you i think personal sound preference is better than power gains. and sorry iwxit i meant that jackass 200si
Old 11-23-2004, 02:26 AM

i agree with you i think personal sound preference is better than power gains. and sorry iwxit i meant that jackass 200si
That's a personal attack. Gee, I wonder who in this thread wants to be banned.

btw, he was out on an open highway. you tagged 110 near a school, darwin will find you one of these days.

Old 11-23-2004, 04:19 AM
TommyV8
5th Gear Member

I'm just getting a cutout because it gives at least as much of a power gain as a good catback, if not more. My friend got a cutout and he said he ran it on the dyno with it closed and then with it open, then closed it again for a third run to make sure it wasn't a fluke. 17 hp at the wheels. Can't beat that for 50 bucks installed. I thought that sounded like a little too big of a gain but he's not the type to make stuff up and the muffler really is a big restriction, judging by how quiet my car is. Sounds like a mouse pissing on cotton.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:08 AM
offnet83
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000Si

That's a personal attack. Gee, I wonder who in this thread wants to be banned.

btw, he was out on an open highway. you tagged 110 near a school, darwin will find you one of these days.

he didnt' say near school he was on his way to school... iirc ... but reguardless city street racing is risky... though the lil ***** do need to look both ways and what better way to learn than to get hit by a speeding car... what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Quick Reply: Florida I4 - Black Z/28 vs. Red Stang