MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Street/Strip (https://mustangforums.com/forum/street-strip-25/)
-   -   First race with my Z06..... (https://mustangforums.com/forum/street-strip/281605-first-race-with-my-z06.html)

BicketyBam 04-28-2007 09:30 PM

First race with my Z06.....

And I don't even know what it was I was racing.:) I was at a light and I want to say some sort of Volvo pulled up next to me. A guy was driving with his girl and he was pointing at my car and nudging his girlfriend. I was thinking of giving him a semi hard start for show, but as the light went green he friggin' floors it. He pulled about a car and a half when I went from semi hard launch to pedal to the floor. I reeled him in, shifted to second at about 55 (spinning the tires) and let off at 75 or so. He was about 5 cars back at that point. I slowed down so he could catch up and I gave him the peace sign. He has a big old grin on his face. I wanted to try and catch another light so I could ask him what it was he was driving. It was definitely a de-badged sleeper of some sort. But the engine sounded pretty decent.

Anyway, nothing too exciting. I got a feeling I am going to get a lot of those just so people can see what my car has. Fine by me.

Swirl 04-28-2007 09:45 PM

RE: First race with my Z06.....

I'll race you! - :P

Nice Job! - :D

bbbaycuuu 04-28-2007 09:56 PM

lol nice man. There was a stock lookin IS 300 last night at streets that smoked a C6 with cai and catback by like 3 cars....i was really surprised. If you lived anywhere near me, id tell u to race him.

xxkazp3rxx 04-28-2007 10:02 PM

Ok.. I saw your post about you wanting a new z06.. but when the hell did you actually get it? lol

xxkazp3rxx 04-28-2007 10:03 PM

as will I :)Been looking for a z06 to get revenge on... haha...

ORIGINAL: Swirl

HaV 04-28-2007 11:13 PM

ORIGINAL: BicketyBam

And I don't even know what it was I was racing.:) I was at a light and I want to say some sort of Volvo pulled up next to me. A guy was driving with his girl and he was pointing at my car and nudging his girlfriend. I was thinking of giving him a semi hard start for show, but as the light went green he friggin' floors it. He pulled about a car and a half when I went from semi hard launch to pedal to the floor. I reeled him in, shifted to second at about 55 (spinning the tires) and let off at 75 or so. He was about 5 cars back at that point. I slowed down so he could catch up and I gave him the peace sign. He has a big old grin on his face. I wanted to try and catch another light so I could ask him what it was he was driving. It was definitely a de-badged sleeper of some sort. But the engine sounded pretty decent.

Anyway, nothing too exciting. I got a feeling I am going to get a lot of those just so people can see what my car has. Fine by me.

Lol, gotta love that.

BicketyBam 04-28-2007 11:39 PM

ORIGINAL: xxkazp3rxx

I'll start driving now - should bin in Florida by tomorrow afternoon. :D

I can't launch this car for sh!t. Forget getting it off the line. It spins when you pedal in first and second.

Swirl 04-29-2007 02:10 AM

ORIGINAL: xxkazp3rxx

I think you will have a better chance then me - :P

slims00ls1z28 04-29-2007 04:04 AM

ORIGINAL: BicketyBam

Yep I did it to a Z06 on my way to work the other day. He just got in it for a second and left me sitting.

S281 E 04-29-2007 04:05 AM

Not just you. When I test drove one I realized it takes a little bit of practice to get the Z06 to hook up on street tires.